Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #1 
Option

Decapped brine shrimp eggs?

Has anyone tried feeding this to betta fry? Or are these still too big? I've been reading about them and they would seem like a good (and easy since no incubating/hatching involved) source of food for the fry but not sure whether the eggs are too big in size to feed the fry.

Anyone have experience with these?
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #2 
chardzard

hi i have try them in the pass but never given them to fry , fry will eat them i gest but they like live food but u can try n see if they take it ,at a older grow out age say 3-4 weeks maybe?. i have a female just like ur avatar nice pic :D
chardzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #3 
bettaisbetter

I'm sorry for not answering, but what is the difference between decap and capsulated BBS? I never really got to ask that... It's a quick question involving the thread's topic so hopefully I didn't hijack your thread.
bettaisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #4 
Option

Chardzard - my betta in the avatar pic is a male....LOL. i would love if i could find a female w/ colors as vivid as his!

Bettaisbetter - decapped brine shrimp eggs are when the hard shell is removed so that the fish can eat the eggs directly. otherwise you would have to hatch them into brine shrimps before they can be fed. my understanding is that decapped eggs no longer have any hatching potential.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #5 
chardzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
Chardzard - my betta in the avatar pic is a male....LOL. i would love if i could find a female w/ colors as vivid as his!

Bettaisbetter - decapped brine shrimp eggs are when the hard shell is removed so that the fish can eat the eggs directly. otherwise you would have to hatch them into brine shrimps before they can be fed. my understanding is that decapped eggs no longer have any hatching potential.
yea that wat i understand too about the decapp eggs i know a few guys that still try to hatch them hopeing for shell less brime shrimp in water, oh here a pic of the girl , the friend that i got her from has about 60+ that look just her the spawn all so has yellow with same pattarn
Attached Images

chardzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #6 
tpocicat

I've used decaps in the past for my spawns that are about 2 weeks old and older. Mine did see them as food. IMO, they are great to use if live foods are hard to find or are unavailable.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #7 
inareverie85

Mine start getting weaned off of live foods and onto decaps at 3 weeks old. :)
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote