Is your tank heated?yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?4 sisters mom 2 black orchid ct

Food atsins betta pro nls
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? once a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? every 3days vacume inbetween days
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?50 %
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? tetra safe start oak leaf extract

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:0
Nitrite:5
Nitrate:5
pH:72
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment salt
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? red sore on side of belly pimpley looking today
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? she acts fine
When did you start noticing the symptoms? 12 days ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? moved her to 1 gallon jar heated 79 with 1t salt started fasting her continued to add 1t salt every 12 hours till i reached a tablesppon approx 36 hours adding salt stoped adding salt kept her at 1 tablespoon in her gallon jar for 8 days on day 8 i started weaning her off the salt by 10 10 she was back to unsalted water with just oak exstract and water conditioner while she was in salt she didnt act like anything bothered her after the intial 36 hour fast while i added salt she ate her pellets normal soaked in garlic juice to day she no better no worse acting normal also note while in salt i did 100% water changes every other day just re added salt
Does your fish have any history of being ill?no
How old is your fish (approximately)?10 months

today is day 12 shes acting fine intially i thought it was a red sore like a bacterial infection to day its a red whitecolor looking pimply here are pics and
link to video

also note the sorority is fine i changed there tank as well another 10 gallon cycled that i had for my babys that are growing out there plants and everthing from old tank is in quarantine

here the quick video
http://youtu.be/PQJ6oADziks

here the pick

[IMG][/IMG]

thanks in advance
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

First do at least a 50% water change to get your nitrites down. If your nitrites are at 5, you need to do at least 2 50% water changes TODAY to get those nitrItes down, they are dangerous to your fish. You will need to do at least a 50% water change until your nitrites are at 0. How long has your tank been set up? Based on your water test results it appears your tank isn't 100% cycled. Once its cycled a weekly 50% water change is all you need. As best I can tell from your pic, the red/bronze is her coloring & the bulge is her belly, what pellets are you feeding & how many? What does her poo look like? What water conditioner are you using? Tetra safe start isn't a water conditioner to my knowledge, its a bacterial booster for new tanks. I suggest getting some Prime to use as your water conditioner.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #3 
eatmice2010

Tetra has a Aqua safe plus, where it conditions/dechlorinates and it promotes fist slime coat.
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #4 
titolatino1970

ill do that to the sorority and tank you for the quick reply as for the tank that i thought she was sick in got scapped pellets she gets 3 a day poo looks normal the tetra i buy is a decholorinter plus i let it sit out for 48 hrs ill get some prime thank you

Last edited by titolatino1970; 01-27-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

There are three filters?

I would actually recommend cycling your tank... It would be easier on you, and on the bettas as well. If you are in the progress of doing that - continue :)

That tummy to me does not really look like a "I ate too much" belly. To me, it looks painfully swollen. Did you use aquarium salt, or epsom salt?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #6 
titolatino1970

i used aquarium salt she doesnt seem like theres anything wrong she eats she swims she lookes bored and as for my cycle not sure whats going on there i put those tanks to cycle the day my baby giants became free swimming i even made a 20 gallon npt that long ago the babys that i kept got put there from there growout tank 4 weeks ago i did a 50% water change everything is at 0 for now ill check again in like 4 hours and keep monitoring it
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #7 
shellieca
Reference Team

If the tetra you're using is a conditioner then you don't have to get Prime, I just saw tetra safe start so wanted to make sure what you're using. If you used Aq salt them that wouldn't help with her being bloated or constipated. Try using Epsom salt, make sure its pure, no additives/perfumes. It is possible she's eggie. One of my CT's can look like that especially after she's eaten, her tummy typically has a slight bulge but sometimes I think she's going to explode.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #8 
titolatino1970

im going to fast her again i think she got eggy seeing the boys across the room i thought she was sick at least its not that shes actied fine through the whole 12 days