Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #1 
IndeedSir

Long overdue respects to Angelo

I'm posting this to honor my first ever betta, Angelo, that I only barely remember having when I was a little kid, and who has of course been in a much, much better place for a long time now. I definitely didn't take care of him well or show him much love, and I was too young to know better. I didn't really take care of him at all, my parents did and they didn't think he needed anything other than that little bowl with dirty water either. But its not their fault. I want to honor you now, Angelo, and give you some of the love and respect you were deprived of for all of your short life. I want to say I'm sorry for the awful conditions you lived in those 10 years ago, but that won't make up for it. I want you to know that I did love you then even though I didn't show it much, and I still love you now. I still think about you and I'll never forget you and your beautiful flowing red fins. If you lived now instead of then I would take care of you and try to make you the happiest fish in the world, but now I'm just glad you're in a better place with no more suffering. I'm so, so sorry, and I hope you can forgive me someday, and just know that I do love you wherever you are now <3

I would also like to add in something for my brother's betta, a little blue guy who's name I can't even remember. You deserve some respect too, fish buddy, and I'm sorry about your equally harsh treatment. And no animal should be remembered without a name, so I'll call you Buddy unless your real name comes to light. I love you too, Buddy, and you"ll never be forgotten. Here's where I'll also acknowledge a goldfish that I only barely recall, and I'm sorry you lived such a short life Goldie.

Here's hoping maybe they can all swim in peace now where they're free of suffering, and I hope they hear my thoughts and prayers and know that they are loved and will not be forgotten. S.I.P friends <3
IndeedSir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Sorry about your poor bettas even if it was a long time ago......our pets are always remembered no matter how big or small. So do you have any bettas now?
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #3 
IndeedSir

Hey veggiegirl, thanks for your condolences, I'm glad he is in a better place and I'll remember him forever :) And yes, I have one betta now, Blue, and I think he's pretty happy and in much better conditions :D What about you?
IndeedSir is offline   Reply With Quote