Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #1 
Jiirim

Question Is My Mystery Snail Dead?

This morning I woke up and went to go feed all of my fish (I have 8 fish and a snail at my dorm)

When I looked into the tank that had the snail I saw it was upside down at the bottom of the tank and the snail's body was sticking out of it's shell with one feeler floating up. Also noticed a tiny bit of white fuzz on his rear end furthest from the antenna/feelers.

I took him out of the water and he did not react, but he doesn't stink and didnt fall out of his shell. Is he dead? Should I wait a few days to see if he starts running around?
Jiirim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #2 
Silverfang

Does his body do anything when you poke it? IF not he's probably gone. If you are really uncertain you can place him in a smaller container of water (out of the main tank!). But be warned, they won't take long to start stinking. And oh dear god is that a hellish smell.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #3 
shellieca

If he's not smelling he's probably fine. Put him in a spot, see if he's in the same place tomorrow. The do become stationary from time to time, sometimes for days. Mine don't usually stay stationary for more than a day. If you suspect a problem test your water, they will be the 1st typically to let you know there's a problem
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote