Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #11 
thp0822

Thank you thank you thank you all for the help! I am so glad I found this place!!! I bought my fish from a fish store, not a pet store, they would not even sell me a tank and fish at the same time (they said I must cycle first) so I figured I really found a great place that would get me on the right direction. I am very concerned about taking proper care of my fish, I would not have any type of pet I was not willing to take care of the correct way. I was sadly mistaken when they sent me home with a Betta in a .50 gallon bowl and said he didn't need much else other than food. Anyway, I am trying to figure my way through this! I will take all the advice given and move forward. I will purchase the liquid test kit and an adjustable heater. My tank is very calm and the fish is not getting pushed around however I have caught him twice on sort of stuck to the bottom of the filter cube where the water is sucked into it and I believe he tore his fins that way. I was going to try to figure out how to change it or baffle it but he doesn't seem to go near it anymore and his fins seem to be coming back. I was devastated as I had researched for quite some time on the "calmest" tank for him. I am hoping that I am doing alright and thankful for the help. I will keep a thick skin and make it through any opinions that feel harsh and know it comes from a love of Bettas!!!
thp0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #12 
shellieca
Reference Team

Good for you for listening to advice & having a thick skin. Sometimes we must filter through the bad to get to the good!!! Glad you're researching & making changes where needed . . . you and your fish will definitely benefit.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #13 
thp0822

Thank you! I will gladly take advice!!! Just want my little guy to be healthy and happy!
thp0822 is offline   Reply With Quote