Old 03-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #91 
Syriiven

Very sorry for your loss =(

Hope the fry will be okay and you'll get lucky with a dad-look-alike
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #92 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Sorry for your loss. At least you will have his descendants! As for the fry, they are looking amazing. Can you ship to Canada(once they are all grown up, of course!)?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #93 
Skyewillow

why wouldn't that person assume that if you didn't answer them the first time, that nagging would make you want to send them a baby?!

I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you get a baby who looks similar to dad.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #94 
aemaki09

Nope no shipping to Canada, there's too much involved with it and I'm sure the shipping costs would be outrageous so it wouldn't really be worth it
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #95 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
why wouldn't that person assume that if you didn't answer them the first time, that nagging would make you want to send them a baby?!

I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you get a baby who looks similar to dad.
It was different people asking, so not a big deal. But I will never send babies out. Especially when they aren't even looking at solid foods yet...which reminds me, I need to look up when to start weaning them onto it and how, I forgot.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure no responsible breeder would subject their spawns to being shipped at such a young age. Just because petco does it doesn't mean it should be done. People should know petco is retarded for doing that and survival rate is horrible on it.

Sorry for my rant. I just got really annoyed that people really ask if they can buy a 5ish week old baby for me.

And another thing that aggravated the heck out of me was only offering $40 for 10 of these guys.
If I was spawning VT's or these were all culls, then yeah, I might consider it, but these aren't. I will wait to see their coloring and confirmation before pricing them

(End rant)
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #96 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #97 
Skyewillow

ah, that makes it better, but I can totally see where the frustration is for you.

I was worried about losing Sker and Arch when they were only 5-6 wks old and I brought them home. It's not something I'd be willing to risk on a fish who wasn't already in the danger zone of being in a yucky cup.

-hugs-
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #98 
aemaki09

Yeah, I have bought baby bettas from petco without having a problem doing it. I have live food and am experienced enough to know what they need so I feel comfortable bringing them home, they have much better luck growing to adult-hood with me than they do in those cups.

But, I myself, would never sell one of my babies at that young of my age. I find it cruel.

Sorry for the rant everyone!! I just believe if people want to get a baby they should go to petco and rescue one, and breeders should not sell them so young.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #99 
logisticsguy

For sure. No way would I ever sell a betta that young and nobody should. I only started to sell a few of mine at 10-11 weeks to experienced keepers and think 12-16 weeks is likely the best overall. NLS grow is a nice 1st pellet very small and high in protein. That money offer is so low for quality fish its insulting. Yikes!
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #100 
aemaki09

Yeah it was the most irritating part of that last message.

Anyways, at what age do you start trying to wean them logistics?
I need to get in researching this ASAP.

All I have fed them this entire time is micro & banana worms...need to add some BBS in there too, but the MW cultures are so much easier to keep going and they stay alive in fresh water longer than BBS.