Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

White stringy poo

So, lately my betta has been making really light colored stringy poos. But, I honestly don't think anything is wrong with him. He seems perfectly healthy to me. I have, however, switched his food, and the food itself is a lighter color than the old food. Could that be the reason?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #2 
Myates

What did you switch him to, and yes, food will effect the coloration of their waste. You will also notice other problems if it was internal parasites such as either a bloated belly, or becoming emaciated.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
What did you switch him to, and yes, food will effect the coloration of their waste. You will also notice other problems if it was internal parasites such as either a bloated belly, or becoming emaciated.
I would rather not say because I am tired of getting bashed for it. I trust you enough to tell you in private, but I feel like others will jump on me. It is a decent food, I will tell you that.

He is not having any other problems at all. Same energy, same color, no bloating, no emaciation. :)

EDIT: Oh and I can't show you what it actually looked like because he dropped the poo before I could take a picture lol...
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #4 
finnfinnfriend

So based on what I have said, does he sound like he is healthy?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #5 
Myates

Yes.. he sounds healthy. Keep an eye just in case, but at this point no alarm/warning bells sounded and I personally wouldn't be worried if it were mine. I'd be aware and watchful, but not worried :)
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #6 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Yes.. he sounds healthy. Keep an eye just in case, but at this point no alarm/warning bells sounded and I personally wouldn't be worried if it were mine. I'd be aware and watchful, but not worried :)
Thank you so much!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #7 
Myates

Of course! And I'm sorry you felt you were afraid to say anything here.. just remember everyone has their own opinions, you do what you believe is right/best for your fish :) You are taking good care of him.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #8 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Of course! And I'm sorry you felt you were afraid to say anything here.. just remember everyone has their own opinions, you do what you believe is right/best for your fish :) You are taking good care of him.
Thanks again Myates :). I just wanted to try another food because the idea that I only have one good pellet option (NLS) really causes anxiety in me...