Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #1 
shawnee

Exclamation Drip Sytem is it worth it

so I am planing on having a stock of 10-20 males for my breeding program and here is my question is it worth making a drip sytem or should i let them be stand alone tanks with no filter keep in mind some of the males will be king males so idk what to do
shawnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

I like mine. Easier to change the sump that 40 jars in my case.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #3 
Myates

I would personally start out with a few males and see if you can breed them.. depends on how big you make your breeding program - one or two spawns going at a time, you only need a few males as it will be 3-4 months+ before you get a grow out tank free from babies. Not to mention you will want to be using some of the babies you make.. so unless breeding 10 spawns at a time, keep in mind you may not get around to breeding most of those males.. just food for thought :)

As for the drip system it depends on how much space/money/time you have to spend on their care, and how you build your barracks.

Here are a couple ideas of what you will be doing if you are going to have that many males + drip system..

Basement Bettas Barracks - personal fave, this particular one is older I believe, but the same process applies.

Barrack - making

You will basically be setting up a barrack to do a drip system - so would google that as well.

Last edited by Myates; 01-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote