Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #1 
Hadoken Kitty

Buying fishes and sharing love

I was wondering from those who have bought multiple betta: has anyone ever felt that they didn't show the same amount of attention to one betta, or even picked a favorite? I'm worried about doing that. I was looking at different fish for a possibility, but I don't know...I enjoy loving my fish as much as possible...

I read somewhere else on this forum that someone else's fish died, but while that fish was alive, they quit taking as many pics of them once they got another fish. I don't think this is bad AT ALL (especially if the fishy is well taken care of! pictures are just pictures!), but I actually find enjoyment from spoiling my pets.

Also, would my other fish not have as much enjoyment in a 2.5 or maybe 5g solitary tank v.s. Dovahkiin's 20g community tank?

Sorry if these questions seems silly.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #2 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post

I read somewhere else on this forum that someone else's fish died, but while that fish was alive, they quit taking as many pics of them once they got another fish. I don't think this is bad AT ALL (especially if the fishy is well taken care of! pictures are just pictures!), but I actually find enjoyment from spoiling my pets.
that was me.

I don't think of the fish in the same way as I think of my cats and dogs. I have my favorites of course, I think that's normal. Not all my bettas share the same level of personality. Stumpy is like a swimming robot fish while Irving's eyes and movements are so expressive. He moves as if he has a neck and contorts himself in such cute ways.

I don't think my favoritism affects their level of care.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #3 
Hadoken Kitty

As far as doggy love goes. I always say that I don't have enough arms to love all of them. I always get trampled when I walk through the door.

Maybe I'm just a crazy person for greeting my fish when I get home as well? After my dogs have had their due, of course!

Just so you know, I don't think the picture thing is bad! I figured, with my luck, you'd be the first to see this post. I just hope I didn't offend you...no offense was meant... T.T
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #4 
LittleBettaFish

As long as their water is clean and their food is plentiful, I don't think fish really care whether you pay more attention to one particular fish over the others.

I have tanks that I may glance in one or two times a day, and then I have tanks that I spend a good 10-15 minutes looking into with my nose plastered up against the glass.

Fish are pretty simple animals. I wouldn't be getting too bothered by feelings of guilt. As long as you are meeting their basic needs, I am sure they are perfectly content with their lot in life.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #5 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
I just hope I didn't offend you...no offense was meant... T.T
oh not at all, see my laffs? >>>
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #6 
Hadoken Kitty

Great! 'Cause I just bought....THIS fishy!:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1359558002
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #7 
aemaki09

Of course everyone has a favorite or favorites, I have 2 soon to be 4, but all my fish get the exact same quality of care.

As for tank size, they wouldn't know the difference. Going from a cup to anything feels like moving from a cup to a mansion.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #8 
Hadoken Kitty

Awesome. I'm feeling better and better about this. I'm just a crazy person for worrying about it then. ^///^