Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #11 
breezywillow

Absolutely, especially posting the pictures. I had an idea in my head what it would look like but actually seeing someone else's helped so much. There was only one thing I was going to try different. Since I dont have access to a drill, instead of the pvc pipe, I saw a chick make one on youtube with those little plastic hair rollers that have holes in them. Seemed like a great idea and if it doesnt work, its inexpensive so I can always go back and buy the pvc pipe and talk someone with a drill into making a few holes for me lol
breezywillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #12 
breezywillow

Hey guys, quick question about aerators. I have one with a bubble stone in my tank and noticed Weebles didn't really have a problem swimming around but when he was at the top of the tank his fins would blow alot in one direction and he would stay near the bottom more often than not, so i figured it was causing too much of a current. I turned it off today and he seems like he likes swimming around the top alot more. I have read alot of other posts about aeration and almost all agree that bettas dont need them, but most add in that the agitation of the surface from the filter was enough to aerate the water. I dont have a filter so there is no agitation of the surface at all without the bubbler. Will this be ok? Does there need to be surface agitation??
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #13 
inveritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezywillow View Post
Hey guys, quick question about aerators. I have one with a bubble stone in my tank and noticed Weebles didn't really have a problem swimming around but when he was at the top of the tank his fins would blow alot in one direction and he would stay near the bottom more often than not, so i figured it was causing too much of a current. I turned it off today and he seems like he likes swimming around the top alot more. I have read alot of other posts about aeration and almost all agree that bettas dont need them, but most add in that the agitation of the surface from the filter was enough to aerate the water. I dont have a filter so there is no agitation of the surface at all without the bubbler. Will this be ok? Does there need to be surface agitation??
Not necessary. My betta breathes fine in a tank with treated water, a single plant and nothing else.
inveritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #14 
breezywillow

I didn't think so but wanted to be sure. I think he likes his though. About an hour or so after I turned it off I noticed him kinda hanging at the bottom eyeballing me. So I went over and turned it back on and he flew to the top to watch the bubbles come out lol I think I'll altenate between having it on for a few hours and turning it off for an hour everyday. That way its gives his fins a break but he still gets the bubbles he likes. :)
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #15 
inveritas

Maybe it saves him the trouble of making a bubble nest himself! If that's the case, maybe you could get one of these products off the shelf of any major electronics retailer: http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-PA0...dp/B0006JLS42/
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #16 
breezywillow

Ooooooo, I didn't even think about a plug timer, awesome idea, thanks!!! :)
Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #17 
inveritas

:)