Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #1 
Syriiven

Cool BA Headphones + Betta = <3

Simple math. Betta + Bass.

I was angry, and needed to vent, I did it through art. Currently have a very big MAD at the world. So...enter choice words [here].

I did him in my own scribbling style, with my skritchy ORIGINAL lines because I like the style of sketches over refined linearts. Screw the 'professional' art society. The picture isn't "FINISHED", it's MESSY, and I LOVE IT!

And no, I'm sorry, not taking on commissions right now. I'm simply sharing a piece constructed out of a moment of passion that needed expression.

Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #2 
Fenghuang

It's epic. I love it. Gah, I wish I was that good with a tablet... You use a tablet, right?
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #3 
Syriiven

Yup, bamboo wacom. I really love your work too, thanks for comig by and checkig mine ;]

Epic. That's beautifully perfect. Gah I love my art too!!

[no lack of self esteem here...]
Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #4 
Fenghuang

Heh, I actually had another adjective in mind, but I don't want to be told off for bad language. Let's just say I think it's extremely epic. So raw and rough around the edges and really fricking sweet.

I have a Wacom, but it's just siting there collecting dust. I just can't do digital. Wish I could, but I suck. xD actually, I wish I was better at drawing in general, but I'm pretty mediocre. Sigh. Thank you for your compliment though, it means a lot coming from someone so skilled and talented.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #5 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
Simple math. Betta + Bass.

I was angry, and needed to vent, I did it through art. Currently have a very big MAD at the world. So...enter choice words [here].

I did him in my own scribbling style, with my skritchy ORIGINAL lines because I like the style of sketches over refined linearts. Screw the 'professional' art society. The picture isn't "FINISHED", it's MESSY, and I LOVE IT!

And no, I'm sorry, not taking on commissions right now. I'm simply sharing a piece constructed out of a moment of passion that needed expression.

BEST...DIGItAL ART....EVA!!!!

Amazing!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #6 
Syriiven

I have no control over my talent tho. I can't just sit down and bring out somthing on a whim. It generally takes an emotional shove to one side of the pendulum or the other.

Nah I toured your thread and love what you put together. Very different techniques and I hope you get time for my post some day (its actually the same reference pic as I used for this one) xD

You definitely have some talent, but I agree, drawing your project is the hardest part. Lots of photo references (or in my case, I get to study my fish right on my desk).

it took me awhile to get into digital and didn't love it till i discovered the calligraphy bursh tool in GIMP. That makes me feel like I'm using a chinese paintbrush for my strokes and makes it more fun and smooth to my eye than the pencil or normal paintbrush. I've been toying in Paint Tool SAI too and it also has a very smooth feel to it.

But originally I was put off by all the buttons and panels and complexity of the Photoshop programs. So I just play around but generally stick to what I do best - sketching and scribbling like mad wt bright color. I'm used to using my hands with acrylic on canvas, not something so clean as digital art.

In my view though, since my best work is done when I'm emotional, I deem traditional styles that are messy and not so refined as more honest. With the artist and the artwork.

Not that I'm demeaning digital artists at all - I admire a lot of the reat ones on my Deviant Art and can only imagine teh hours of work they put ino some of the most amazing work I've ever seen.

Digital art has certainly changed what an artist's career was and now can be. Has brought a whle different media to the career too.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #7 
Syriiven

Thanks Rainbow ^^ I think so too
Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #8 
Fenghuang

But emotions create the best art. It's just so much more powerful. I admire the people who can create deep, meaningful pieces. Personally, I'm too much of a control freak. I've done some acrylic art in the past, for school murals and small scale paintings. But watercolour, forget it. I stick to pen. It's very precise...and forgiving, I guess is the word. I don't know if my work is really all that good. I'm happy that everyone so far seem to enjoy my drawings, but I feel so inadequate compared to some of the drawing gods, I mean, artists here.

And yes, some digital artists are unreal. I especially like the works that play with light and shadow. Amazing stuff.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #9 
Syriiven

I used to do stuff with just ballpoint back in highschool. But I couldn't resist using colors. I loved teh shading of the pen though, the way it wasn't always even but your pressure determined teh shadows? it was very unique to pens and it looks fantastic no matter what paper you were on.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #10 
Fenghuang

I don't use ballpoint; they're just cheap 0.35 mm gel pens that smudge if I'm not careful. Great for crosshatching though, which I'm partial to. If I can find similar pens in colour, I'll have a field day. I'm actually afraid of colouring, to be honest. I was that kid in Pre-K that could never use crayons and stay within the lines. xD

Tags
music bass betta rebel