betta fish

Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #31 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

He is adorable!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #32 
bettaisbetter

Thanks! And no, these pictures were from the pet store. I wish he would actually look at my phone, there was no flash as well. -.-
bettaisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #33 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I can see why you want him so bad!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #34 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Oh I really hope that you can get the mouse he is so adorable, as others have mentioned male mice are best kept alone as usually males will fight to the death. I bought two from a pet store years ago now. I knew that they could not be kept together so I divided a large cage in two with 5mm square mesh, within an hour they had bitten a few of each others toes off it was so horrible blood every where, when they climbed on the wire the other mouse bit the toes. I got a piece of sheet metal and divided the cage with that from now on. No more problems.

If you are worried about the cost of mouse cage set ups I would suggest buying online. I got a pretty large cage complete with colourful plastic tubes for them to play in, a silent safe mouse wheel, food dish and water bottle and mouse house. It also had built in multilevels and ladders and I think it cost me $30 ($20 for the cage set up and $10 postage). It was brand new from a company too. It really pays to shop around, it was way better value than anything local (though I always try to buy local if I can...... but sometimes when really short of money you need to shop around). The bars were 7mm apart so I covered the cage with 5mm square mouse proof mesh (designed for bird aviaries).

I reallly, really hope that you can get him!! I am sure you would give him a really good home.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #35 
finnfinnfriend

I love him! <3! I want one just like him! A male too!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #36 
bettaisbetter

Thank you, Veggie! Do you, happen to have a link for the cage if you haven't forgotten? And, I'm sorry you had to see such graphic visuals. :o
Thanks Finnfinn and BB! He was the one for me, I must get him. Doing all the chores and asking my parents multiple times if they want anything isn't what I call fun. lol ^^;
Old 02-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #37 
Elsewhere

Oh I know exactly what you mean! When I was nine I fell in love with my guinea pig, Chester. My birthday was coming up and I had never had my own pet. He was in the local pet store and he was just a pig fat ball of yellow fur. I begged and pleaded for weeks and I then on my birthday I went to visit him in the pet store and he was gone. I went home bawling my eyes out and my mum told me to go play outside, it would make me feel better. When I came in an hour later he was in my room, on my desk. He was the best. I trained him to know his name, come for food when I rang a bell, eat carrots off of my fingers. My teacher even let me bring him into class, twice! The whole school came and visited him. He was my only friend when I was little. He died when he was two, he got sick and we tried to save him with Antibiotics from the vet, but he couldn't be saved. Sorry for the depressing story. But he had a good life and I know what you mean about knowing 'The One' when you see him!

My guinea pig and my friend's mouse absolutely loved these chew sticks: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInCA%2FNo
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #38 
veggiegirl

Bettaisbetta, I live in Australia and bought the cage off of a site called crazysales.com.au it is a site where other people/companies advertise their products however they usually have pretty good deals on there regularly and they may ship overseas, you would just have to check...... their postage is pretty reasonable so it still might be worth it for you, otherwise always keep an eye out on eBay and Google 'mouse cages for sale or buy mouse cages' you might be surprised at what a great deal you find. I really wish you the best of luck, mice make wonderful pets (I used to have 13 + 1 rat but many of them have died of old age as I got them a few years ago but I still have 3 mice and my rat).

Mice and rats interact with their owners a lot and make loving pets, they are pretty low maintenance (depending on how many you have) and usually reasonably cheap to keep.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #39 
bettaisbetter

Elsewhere - I'm so sorry of your GPs loss. :( And thank you for the recommendation, I may as well get that when I do get him!

Veggie - I never knew that's where you lived. Well, you know... I'm not really a stalker. lol I'll go check the site out, thank you so much! I've heard mice usually don't like people as rats do, is that true?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #40 
veggiegirl

well not really true but they do interact with us differently. Rats for example are a lot like cats, when you stroke them they lean into it and lay down, pumpkin even rolls on her side sometimes so that you can stroke her belly. Mice do not mind being stroked but don't seem to lean in for it etc, my mice however do enjoy being held more than pumpkin does and also Pumpkin is quite independent. She will come when I call her (sometimes) but otherwise is happy doing her own thing as long as you give her a pat when she is in the mood. My mice run over to me the minute I walk in my room, rather like a betta swims over to greet you, my mice love to climb over me and sometimes lick my fingers. Mice are probably more active when you handle them while rats are a bit more sluggish and sit still more. That is what I have found from owning mine anyway. I would say that they are equally good pets and are just a bit different, both make great pets