Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #1 
Sharktagger07

Question New Hampshire/ Massachusetts

Howdy all,
I had bettas for a few years and then took a break from them due to my job being out at sea lot. Now I'm working back on land for good. Was wondering if anyone knew of breeders/sellers in NH,MA, or VT? Yes this is the wrong spot for such a question, but considering I can't post in that division yet, I do what needs to be done! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Sharktagger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #2 
bettaisbetter

MA - http://fishstorefinder.com/fish-stores/massachusetts
NH - http://fishstorefinder.com/fish-stores/new-hampshire
VT - http://fishstorefinder.com/fish-stores/vermont

These are all the fish stores in the requested areas. You can just call them first to see if they have any bettas. Good luck, and welcome to the forum! :)
bettaisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #3 
Aluka

you can go to petco! At least the petcos in boston, they all get stock from a local breeder, and if you check enough you find lots of great bettas.

Even rarer ones like solid white halfmoons, and HMPK, giant bettas, Elephant ears.

I recently got a butterfly rostail HM, and a butterfly Delta EE from petco =)
Aluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #4 
Xaltd1

Hi there!
I live 1/2 way between Boston & NH. I'm in an independent fish-store void b/c of all the Petcos/Petsmarts around. I've purchased my more exotic fish from Aquabid, and my better plants from Aquaticplants.com. Bettaisbetter, THANK YOU for that list. Unfortunately, all the stores on it are more than 1 hr away from me. It makes me crazy b/c sometimes you need a knowledgeable person nearby; the Petco/Petsmart folk are really spotty in betta knowledge. They all seem to have tanks at their homes, but they seem to be more into Ciclids (sp?) for some reason. TG for this website!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #5 
Xaltd1

Aluka, true that, you can get the more exotics from Petco- that's where Butch comes from; isn't he wonderful??? (He was also $30 I found out when I was at the register) But you have to get there when the shipment comes in. Also, the selection of females is lousy. I have 9 girls; I want 3 more, but I can't find the colors I want. I've fallen in love with the yellow/orange girl I bought on Aquabid; I can't even find that color on Aquabid again (only pale yellows). It's got me thinking I should try to breed this girl to try for more of this color!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #6 
bamsuddenimpact

I live on the NH/MA border. Unfortunately my favorite store is where I went to school(Keene, NH). The Petco in Salem has a good selection if the shipment is new. :) Hope this helps. I saw one just yesterday I wanted(My fish had just passed) at the Petco.. ended up with one from Petsmart though.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #7 
Sharktagger07

follow up

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I was really praying a breeder would be nearby because I had visited a good portion of the southern NH stores with minimal success. I know the Petco in salem NH will be getting more this Wednesday

Aquabid had some good ones from a breeder in Alabama or something. I'd wait until it gets warmer to risk that kind of transport lol.

Now that I'm back as a landlover I'm setting up a 5 gallon, planted aquarium.

I use to have 2 10 gallons back in the day. 1 for a betta, the other a mixed tropical.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #8 
Sharktagger07

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
Hi there!
I live 1/2 way between Boston & NH. I'm in an independent fish-store void b/c of all the Petcos/Petsmarts around. I've purchased my more exotic fish from Aquabid, and my better plants from Aquaticplants.com. Bettaisbetter, THANK YOU for that list. Unfortunately, all the stores on it are more than 1 hr away from me. It makes me crazy b/c sometimes you need a knowledgeable person nearby; the Petco/Petsmart folk are really spotty in betta knowledge. They all seem to have tanks at their homes, but they seem to be more into Ciclids (sp?) for some reason. TG for this website!
Good to know. Do you remember which Boston place it was? My new job has me commuting there 3 days a week, so maybe I will check it out Monday or Tuesday
Old 02-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #9 
Xaltd1

The Petco on 114 in Peabody seems to have it's act together most. There is one on Rte 1 NB which is good, too. I also visit the Gloucester & Topsfield ones, too.
There is one Petsmart on 114 in Danvers that I HAVE to visit often because Mr. Exalted One Himself, my cat Jax, will only eat their designer $1.05 per can. Only available at Petsmart, and only in store. I wind up getting odds & ends for the bettas when I'm there, but the only females they have are the red/blue VTs and red Cambodian CTs. I have one of each!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #10 
bamsuddenimpact

Where in NH are you Sharktagger(Out of curiousity)? And who are your sources :D I have been looking for a non-VT orangeu betta lately. But just got a replacement betta.. Grar
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote