Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #1 
Adelais

Marineland 5 Gallon Hex

Anyone know how to baffle the current a little bit on this tank? I already have the prefilter on the intake tube and a little bit of sponge that I cut out blocking the output but, the current still seems a bit strong. I also added a large plant just under the output as well as a floating plant. Yet, the current still seems a bit strong. Any suggestions?
Adelais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #2 
InfiniteGlory

I have a marineland tank too. Hopefully we have the same HOB filter that uses filter size A filter and is the penguin or penguin mini.

what I found is that the water inlet tube into the filter can be raised up some and that will slow the flow. I still put a piece of foam on the outlet just to soften the surface turbulance.
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #3 
waterdog

I have the hex 5 and have never had a problem with flow. The guy in my avitar loves it.
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I have this tank and have to say my guy doesnt seem to mind either, but I put his floating log under the outlet to baffle it some.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #5 
Adelais

Thank you guys so much for your help! I have managed to cut the rest of the current. I just added a bit more foam. Yes, Virgo didn't seem to mind the current, it was just that in some parts of the tank he was getting blown around a bit and seemed like he is swimming rather hard. But that has all been fixed now! :)
Adelais is offline   Reply With Quote