Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #1 
Vizja13

Setting up 29 gal...question?

Hi all. I'm in the process of filling my new 29 gallon tank (it's sitting on the floor) so I can get a start on the cycle. Right now, it just has rocks (natural river rocks and some flat stones leftover from refinishing our front walk/porch) arranged in caves (large flat) and scattered about.

It has a light, heater, filter, thermometer. Just nothing LIVING yet.

My question, can I put the 8 ghost shrimp and the 3 cobra endlers I bought today in there once the tank settles (I'll give about 24 hours) to a. quarantine them and b. help the cycle start?

I have them in a 1 gal, since they were in dire need of QT (some very very ill bettas sharing water...) but I'm going away this weekend, so cannot do water changes Sat or Sun. The filter intake is to small to catch any fish, the only concern is the flat rocks (natural sandstone, which I've seen used before).

Thoughts?
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #2 
Vizja13

For anyone wondering, this is the tank. It needs like, another gallon of water added but :P Otherwise, its current state.
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote