So Im bored at school here in the midlle of my free period so I thought I would do a little totorail on micro worms soory no photosd im at schools but micro worms are still very strait forward.
-- What Are Micro worms? Well micro worms are really a micro worm and there are great for betta fry for many reasons. 1. they do not cause swim blader disorder 2. they are more nutrios they BBS and three I used to use bbs and leme tell you its not easy U have to hatch them and then use them with like 24 hours then hatch more Nort to say theat the bubler is kinda anoying and eggs arent the cheapes thing well micro worms to the rescue U only have to preofrm matince once a wekk and it only takes like 5 muintes and they make no noise and they stay alive in water for 2 days so people with lives like me can feed them in the morning when i get home and at night and if i feed in the moring they will have live foood throught the day.
1. you will need to obtain a small portion of another culture from a freind or online I suggest this site here. http://www.microwormstarterkits.com/index.html
they are safe secure and make great kits I recomend for betta fry the large scale fish lots of hungry little mouths.
2. So you have some worms and are ready to start your culture I reconmed have 2 cultures so if 1 crashes you will have another
Make some run of the mill oat meal and let it cool to room tempature after it has cooled spread about an inch in a tupaware container that has SMALL holes in the top of it.
3. Take the starter culture and add it to the top of the contianer.
4. add a pinch of yeast to the container.
5. midway thru the wekk add another small pinch of yeast for food for the worms.
6. after one wekk the culture may start too look soupy and may smell a tiny bit it is about to crahs here is what you do.
Make some more fresh oat meal. spreasd it in contaier wipe the side of old culture and spoon some of the oatmeal off the top of the old culter and add both to the new this will start this culture the process is infinte.
1. get a q-tip or tooth pick and wipe it around the side this is wherwe the worms will be you will see them.
2. dip the q-tip into your fry tank.
That is it for harvesting!
You now have infite food for your new fry!!!