Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
:(
That's nothing to be sad about, it's good to be young
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #82 
LaLaLeyla

Quote:
The topic doesn't bug me because I don't have depression the way my Grandma does. She needs medication because her nuerons misfire and cause her to lose touch with reality, have terror fights, hallucinate, ect. IN my cause my depression is clinical depression. I don't need meds or anything...I just have passing moments where I don't have the will to do anything for one or two days. Then a "switch" turns back "on" and I end up playing catching up with all my chores for a few days.

I guess I can relate to feeling fine for weeks on end and then having a few days in a row when I feel like the "switch" turned "off". That why I suggested in my first response the OP see a doctor, but it looks like she doesn't have what I have after all. XD

To me it feels like Perry is just complaining about a first world problem like technology and I'll admit it bugs me.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #83 
LittleBlueFishlets

LaLaLeyla - I empathize. After years of trying to fight this on my own, I finally decided to get some help, and have been diagnosed with recurrent major depressive disorder and anxiety. So when I saw this thread, I thought it might be helpful. But....

I think I'd prefer it if this thread was called "I am depressed" rather than "I have
Depression." Being depressed can be a temporary state - and once Perry has her cell phone back, she'll no longer be depressed. However, having clinical Depression, for some of us at least, can be a lifelong battle that won't end even if some stranger on the street gives us each two-hundred free cell phones.

LaLaLeyla - have you thought about starting a new depression thread? One for people who have clinical depression (rather than the cell phone version)?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #84 
LaLaLeyla

Im not sure. :/
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #85 
LittleBlueFishlets

I understand. I thought of the idea of starting a thread, but I didn't do it - because I come here to talk about Bettas. So now I'm going back to the other forums to chat about the little guys.... Of course, I may also have to visit the 'how high can we count until a Super Mod posts' thread. There's just something addictive about that one. (As evidenced by the fact that there are 466 pages of it! LOL )

Perry - I know you probably don't believe this, but in another 20 years or so, you may be wishing for days when you *don't* have a cell phone!
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #86 
Perry the platypus

I don't know...
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #87 
Kiara1125

Longest I got grounded from my phone was a month and that was after something serious happened. My laptop gets taken away longer.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #88 
Perry the platypus

I would rather get MY laptop taken away because I don't have a laptop. The one I use to go online with is my moms.

Last edited by Perry the platypus; 03-12-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: i ----> I
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #89 
Fenghuang

Ten years can have depression. I know of cases where kids younger than ten have committed suicide. It's tragic and gut-wrenching to think about, but the bad things in life don't often abide by minimal age limits.

With that being said, Perry, I don't believe you have depression. Everyone feels down once in a while. You can move on from this. Getting your cellphone taken away is not the end of the world. I know it may seem like the worst thing ever, but it is not--and it will pass. You will get your phone back eventually. For the time being, be patient and appreciate what you do have. Trust me, you will look back on this someday and realize how truly minor the situation is.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #90 
Kiara1125

I agree with Feng. I've had actual depression. It's just not the same. :/ still, I get yelled at a lot for stupid crap, so it's bound to happen to me. You'll get your phone back, don't worry. *hugs*
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote