Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #1 
peace_frog21

Early upgrade.....

So....earlier, both of my Beta's had small tanks....while my boyfriend's betta was fairing well....mine wasn't eating and wasn't moving around much....i didn't really have room for a bigger tank but ended up getting one anyway. I got a junior heater because I read in a betta care book in the pet store about the behaviour of fish in water that is too cold, and well it sounded like my fish....so mine got a 2.5 gallon tank with heater and log to hide under and more plantlife....lucky dog taking up space in my dorm room b/c he's picky about his habitat. he's been in the tank for about 20 minutes and finally started moving around checking it out more...he kind of floated around at the top near the thermometer for about 10 minutes before he got adventurous and checked everything else out...he still hasn't went under the log yet and i decided to wait to feed him until he gets a little more acclimated....he keeps running into the sides of the tank though, is that normal? But he seems to be doing better and seems as happy as the other one is in the smaller tank. i hope he eats this time!!!
peace_frog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #2 
Cody

Sounds like he is doing good.

The running into the sides is normal when you add a fish to a new enviroment. They are basically seeing how big their tank is and checking it out.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #3 
peace_frog21

Yeah, I think he finally ate too!! I'm happy, I was really worried for a while....
peace_frog21 is offline   Reply With Quote