Originally Posted by Bonzai
Banzai had ammonia poisoning. Just wait. It took about 5 days for Banzai to get over it, about 2 weeks to go back to normal. Feed her a teensy bit once every 2 days or so until you see her start to become a little more active again. Make sure the temperature is at least 78 and just leave her alone. She needs to heal.
But she WILL heal !!!!
I went to the pet store and got 2 snails who eat waste (as recommended by the fish experts ). I don't know if that helps prevent ammonia build up but Banzai likes them. The fish experts were also the same guys who told me that Banzai would get better, and he did!!
What types of snails eat waste? That sounds like an awesome idea!
vlnr2: AQ salt should help with her stress. I don't know how to help you with ammonia poisioning, but best of luck!