Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #1 
Jeneddi

Any advice about how to move with your tanks?

Hi everybody, I was hoping I could get some advice about how to move with all my tanks. I've got 3, and they're all planted. I was thinking I could buy some of the little cups they keep the bettas in in the store, and keep those in a cooler so they can stay warm. It's not a very long move, but since it's winter I'm kinda nervous about it So yeah, any advice you could give me would be great, thanks!
Jeneddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #2 
Fishybitty

I've read before, say if you have a 10 gallon tank. You could take out most of the water, but leave enough for the fish to move and swim around. It should be light enough to carry with less water but without having to completely take everything out.
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #3 
Silverfang

Bag em. Like when you go to the pet store, they have those bags they will put the OTHER fish in when you take them home. That's what you need. Bag each fish, leaving enough air in the top. Then put each in the cooler. I used whatever buckets I had on hand.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #4 
bamsuddenimpact

Yeah, I just went to petco and asked if I could have some bags to transport my fish- no problemo. The planted thing- leave just enough water for them in the tanks and put them in the car? Havent tested this, just the bags part.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #5 
ao
TFK Moderator

the plants. drain your tank as much as you want/can. lay saran wrap over everything (not on the tank rim, on the plants and substrate. make sure there are no gaps..... also make sure that it doesnt freeze...keep a few gallons of tank water. some plants dont like it when 100% new water comes in.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #6 
Jeneddi

Thanks for the ideas everyone I know it's not about bettas, but one of my tanks has an oto cat, and I know they have a reputation for being kinda fragile, do you think I should do anything special for them, or just treat them like the other ones?
Jeneddi is offline   Reply With Quote