Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #11 
Xaltd1

I think I am going to try my hand at breeding a few fish. I can't find the yummy deep yellow/orange HM female that I got from Thailand. I found a banana yellow male HM on ebay; I bought him (it's my b-day tomorrow, so I feel entitled). I have 2 2.5 dividable tanks and an extra 10-gal with a divider. If I cull heavily, I hope I can get a few females of this color, and maybe some males to sell. I'm not set up to handle 500 fry, so if I cull the eggs to about 20%, maybe I'll get 10-20 decent fish.
BTW, it's fine to ship in the cold; just make sure they are HELD AT THE PO for you to pick up! They can either freeze or fry on a mail truck that's out all day. Then the mail person leaves it outside! I think it would be more deadly to ship in hot weather; I've heard of bettas living in 55 degree water full time.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #12 
Sharktagger07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
Where in NH are you Sharktagger(Out of curiousity)? And who are your sources :D I have been looking for a non-VT orangeu betta lately. But just got a replacement betta.. Grar
Not far from the rockingham mall
Sharktagger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #13 
bamsuddenimpact

Im in Derry, that is why I asked :)
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #14 
Sharktagger07

the tank

Waiting for the betta
5gallon Aquaview
Live sword plant
mini power filter with 2 baffles inside it (was like a jet engine before...yeeesh!)
Mix of aquarium sand and aquarium plant gravel/plant substrate.
heater for emergency cold spells
Attached Images

Sharktagger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #15 
Xaltd1

Awesome!!!
I am not too far from Derry. I live about 1 mile from Crane Beach. I grew up in the Annisquam section of Gloucester. From our North-facing deck, I could see all the way up the NH coast- I remember all the lights at night, wondering what towns they were from.
In addition to growing up on the beach (Lighthouse Beach), we had 2 ponds with bluegill, koi, snails and turtles (oh and waaayy too many frogs-what a racket!)- that's where my love of aquariums comes from. We had a 20-gal guppy tank. We used snails from the pond to keep it clean. As a kid, I enjoyed capturing a clump of frogs eggs and keeping them until they hatched- then I would release them. How much fun that was! (I think that's why we had all the frogs!)
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote