Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #1 
September

Hey

Well, I guess I should probably say hi now lol.

I'm 17, starting college soon, and I have four pets-a cat, a dog, a hamster, and a mouse (mouse is my avatar pic)

I don't have a betta fish yet, since I've only just started researching them and gather up the stuff I need. I could tell you so many things about hamsters, mice, snakes, parakeets, dogs, etc. But bettas? I'm clueless.

I was originally going to be getting a parakeet in the next month, but I changed my mind:

We found out I wouldn't be able to attend my dream college, in Hawaii, because we couldn't afford it. I had banked all my hopes on that one, and missed the deadlines for most other colleges, plus university is too expensive right now. So I'm going to have to do community college for a year or two.

Initially, I was sad about this. I was browsing online, looking at reptile/fish decor that would work for my hammy as a way to cheer me up, when I saw a surfboard decoration for fish tanks. An idea began to form-If I couldn't live on the beach, I could put one in my room ;) albeit a tiny, cheesy beach, but still.

I'd had a betta when I was younger that lived for two years and was absolutely gorgeous. So naturally, I didn't want any other kind of fish.

Thus the research began, and now here I am, boring you all with my long winded and rather pointless story :)

Anyways, I'm excited to be here, this place seems so friendly and informative!

Last edited by September; 01-29-2013 at 11:15 AM.
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #2 
fgradowski

Welcome!
I actually got my bettas because fish were all that I could have in my dorm at college.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #3 
waterdog

Welcome to Bettas R Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and (soon) to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you....

Lots of different ways to keep, breed and rear fry successfully-its finding what works for you, your breeders (if you plan to breed) and what you have on hand....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response-We have lots of members ready and willing to help....(We encourage lots of questions so don't hesitate to ask and start new threads)

Enjoy your stay....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #5 
Lyshymo

Well, firstly, I'd like to welcome you to the site! It's been extremely helpful and beneficial (as well as people not being judgmental if you don't know something-even if it seems like it should be common knowledge<--I'm a blonde so I loved that about the site) to me since I've joined, so it should be a perfect fit for you too!(:

But putting a small "beach" in your room sounds like a rather fantastic idea! :)

And there's nothing wrong with community college! After a year of being in an University I actually "degraded" to a community college and it's just a beneficial and you get the same education--just for much less! I mean, yes, there are things that allow you to be much more "involved" on campus while living at an University, but that's the biggest 'downfall'. It's all about what you make of it!

Good luck with your schooling and your future Betta! :D
Lyshymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your mouse is cute!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #7 
BettaDays

Good on you to research prior to buying one (:

One thing I learned about life since I turned 17(I'm 22 now) is that everything happens for a reason. And even if it doesn't, you end up finding a reason anyway. As Lyshymo said, it's all about what you make of it :3
BettaDays is offline   Reply With Quote