Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #11 
leahleigh

Any idea how much of a water change I should do, and should I do one every day or wait until the end of the three days?
leahleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #12 
Laki

Hmm. The scrape on his head might have been caused by rubbing it against something or getting stuck. If there is white dots on his fins and he has lost scales I might start treatment for ick. I am not 100% on it but I do know it is parasitic and that turning up the temperature helps but I am not sure which medicine. You can PM Sakura8 or OldFishLady (there are others who know a lot about parasites but I know off hand of these two)

Have you noticed him darting around the tank like irritated? As if trying to scratch an itch? The white dots though.. Google ick and see if the symptoms are similar.

As for water changes, I would do another 100%.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #13 
leahleigh

The aquarium salts seem to have caused the dots to receed some, they aren't so large and it seems much more like ich now. He's been darting around for the past couple of days and doesn't really stop, he was doung a lot better with his plants. Last time my moms tank got ich we bought some tablets for it and it cured it up in three days time.

Should I continue aquarium salts treatment, or do another water change and switch tactics? Man this is the most trouble i've ever had with a fish.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #14 
leahleigh

dimitri is doing a lot better, so i won't be updating this anymore. Thanks for the help, guys!

Tags
betta help, emergency, sick betta