Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #1 
dbrooke1

how did you first get into the betta splendon hobby?

hello!
how did you first get into the betta splendon hobby? how do you see this hobby developing in the future?

here's my response:
my friend in elementary school gave me a betta for my birthday...... now years later i've been in college and i wanted a pet...... so i adopted my second betta around last summer... and there started my betta addiction!
a few times i walked into a pet store which is located by a barnes and noble bookstore where i hang out and read. i tell myself i'm only going in to simply look at the bettas. a few seperate times i ended up walking out of the store with one, ha!!!! :o

Last edited by dbrooke1; 02-03-2013 at 03:21 PM.
dbrooke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #2 
blu the betta

my hobbie got started when my uncle told me about bettas. then i got my betta fish. the i set up a tank.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #3 
majesticstorm

Fish keeping in general has been an on and off thing for me. Just got serious about it now.

I used to keep goldfish when I was in 4th grade. After they died due to overstocking (I didn't know about that back then), I saw a beautiful lavender/white veiltail at Petco and took him home. Needless to say, he didn't have a heater so he died in a few days since it was the middle of winter. Stopped fishkeeping in 6th grade. Had 2 more bettas 10th grade, both lived for 1.5 years each. Now here I am in college, with a happy, HEALTHY betta after much research XD.

In the future...I might get more bettas, but that's for when I'm independent and don't need to ask my parents for permission whenever I want another fish.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #4 
aemaki09

My dad always kept a small livebearer tank around growing up and I have always been interested in them. When I was little I would stare at them for hours and hours every day. He bought me a betta to put on my night stand when I was like 5 and had issues sleeping, and I've been interested in them ever since, but when he died I didnt get another.
A few years ago my boyfriend at the time won me some goldfish at the fair and I bought them a 10 gallon tank to go in. But after researching it I found out it was too small for them, so I upgraded to a 26 (which is all I could afford at that time). Then I had an empty 10, so I went to the store and couldnt decide what fish I wanted to get, and saw they had dividers on clearance for like $2, so I got a couple bettas since they were really the most colorful beautiful fish in the store with their long flowing fins. After those first 2 I couldnt stay away.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote