Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #1 
bamsuddenimpact

Food issue

Can someone tell me if the size of Omega One Pellets is abnormally big? I used them with my previous fish- he ate 3-5 2x a day with no bloating/eating issues. My new guy is a bit smaller, but I only see him eat 1 each time I feed him and it takes him about 2 minutes to chew it. So should I pursue a smaller pellet, feed him 1 pellet 3x a day or 1 pellet 2x day?
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #2 
flyingpony22

I think he just needs to get used to them. When I switched my bettas from flakes to the pellets they had no idea what to do with it and when they finally decided it was food it would take them forever to eat it. Now they love the pellets and eat them right up. I'd just give him time to get used to them. You could always crush them into smaller pellets if he's still having trouble
flyingpony22 is offline   Reply With Quote