Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #41 
gargleknobs

His new tank came yesterday, and I ordered stress coat, new food, a filter and a betta hammock. I have to pay tuition right now, so I can't get him any plants just yet, but his moss balls have been in quarantine all week, so I think at the end of the 10 days of salt I might move him in with them in the big tank.

His fins lost all the weird blue and yellow coloration that they had while he was sick. He's all dark and his fins are completely open again. :) So luckily, his stress is gone, and there hasn't been any more fin deterioration in days.
gargleknobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #42 
gargleknobs

I decided to move him into the new tank, which was very heavy and I need to get a siphon, and he looks so small in it now! I'm still not putting the rocks back in just yet because since I don't have a vacuum yet, I want to try and minimize the work that cleaning this thing is going to take...

Anyway, I'm not going to add the moss balls just yet.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #43 
AyalaCookiejar

I would get him a tall silk plant to rest on, at least. Bare-bottom will be fine for now. It will help you monitor his poo easier, as well.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #44 
gargleknobs

Okay, I'll see if I can get to the pet store this weekend.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #45 
AyalaCookiejar

You don't need to overdo it, but a bare tank like that will probably stress him out, especially since its so tall. He'd have to sleep on the bottom and dart up to the surface for air. I would first measure the height of the tank in inches, then pick a plant accordingly. Midground plants are 8 inches usually. A background plant is normally about 14 inches. If get one that has large leaves to rest on and is almost as tall or taller than the water surface.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #46 
gargleknobs

His tank is slightly shorter than 12" and I have it filled to about 10.5".
The thing I'm most concerned about is the fact that we have a local pet store anymore, and it look like 99% of what petco and petsmart sell are plastic plants.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #47 
AyalaCookiejar

No, Petco has tons of silk plants. I have almost all of them, lol. They have a very wide variety, although your store might vary.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #48 
gargleknobs

Oh, okay. Well good, cause petco is the closer one, and that's where I was planning on going today. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #49 
AyalaCookiejar

You are welcome :)
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #50 
gargleknobs

Tadaaah!

Still looks pretty bare bones, but it will get there eventually. He's very interested in the plant, he's been circling it and swimming through it since I stuck it in.