Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #11 
inareverie85

Fairly sure the term just means a 3+ color marble, though sometimes I see regular 'ol multis given the term.

It's actually pretty tough to get a "good" marble by IBC standard.. The marbling has to be distributed in an even 50/50 ratio on the fins and body.
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #12 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by inareverie85 View Post
It's actually pretty tough to get a "good" marble by IBC standard.. The marbling has to be distributed in an even 50/50 ratio on the fins and body.
I never knew that! I mean I knew it was tough to get a good marble, but I was never told it had to be 50/50. I just spawned a blue dalmation type marble girl, and a MG type fancy boy, in hopes of getting some interesting show quality fry...so I'm glad I know this now! Thanks! (I guess I should have researched through the handbook a little more before spawning them lol)
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #13 
LadyVictorian

Happy I know this too.

I have an MG type boy and I want to breed him to a marble girl and make a nice marble strain with him. Also want to breed him to another MG type female as well and get straight up clean crisp MG patterns.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #14 
Hadoken Kitty

DOesn't marbling refer to color changing...? Does that mean that my tri-colored "fancy" male that I just bought is going to continue changing color? -.-
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #15 
LadyVictorian

This is an example of a marble. It's not so much they change color as it's they are like 'calico's'. Their pattern changes.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #16 
inareverie85

Hakoden Kitty, your boy looks more like a Grizzle, which doesn't change color nearly as dramatically as your regular marble. I think they share some similarities in their genetics, but I own many grizzles myself for my own breeding programs, and they never changed color on me yet. :)
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

Okay, whew. I didn't think he looked like a marble, but he was labeled a fancy. I was looking more at the image than the labeling. So...just a matter of mis-labeling? I usually pay more attention to the fish itself, and the description, than the label. Since so many people seem to have discrepancies regarding such.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #18 
Signature Farms

So what exactly is a tiger and why do they call the color/pattern that? I tried googling but only found the wild type.
Signature Farms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #19 
VictorP

Tigers is just a marketing term for orange bettas with black spots. They don't have any stripes. So I guess they should be called leopard bettas LOL.
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #20 
Signature Farms

I actually prefer the name Leopard Betta! If that's all tigers are, I guess I have a few of those! Two PK males yellow/orange with black spots, and a female of the same. Theyre absolutelt gorgeous. I'm imagining the pattern possibilities their babies would have...
Signature Farms is offline   Reply With Quote