Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #11 
NuocCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Coo. :) Just a note for future: although cories will school with other types (e.g. bronze will school with peppered) they are happier in groups of their own kind. :)
I will keep that in mind for the future. Greatly appreciate it!
NuocCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #12 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Way overstocked. Take out all minnows they are coldwater fish.
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #13 
NuocCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy314 View Post
Way overstocked. Take out all minnows they are coldwater fish.
Yes, I am aware about my overstocked tank. I have no intention of removing any minnows or any other fish (unless they lived their life to the end) at this moment.

I know minnows are cold water fish, but they seem to be very active in my tank at 75 degrees. I see them darting around, sometimes during the night they explore the anubias.

Plus... Where would I put them if I cannot afford to have another 10+ gallon tank around me at this moment?
I don't think they'd like my 3 gallon breeder tank that is set around 80 degrees~.

This site:

http://www.steelcitybettas.com/tankmatesforbettas.htm

said they would be fine~. I was originally going to get guppies until I saw that site =P.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #14 
Bombalurina

75 is a good compromise for the species you have. :) As long as you are keeping up with water changes, I don't foresee huge dramas for you. :) I know a lady who kept white clouds with bettas very well.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #15 
aemaki09

Yeah I agree with bombalurina, just PLEASE keep up with your water changes, with the amount of fish you have in your tank you should honestly be doing at minimum 2/week of atleast 30%.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #16 
LadyVictorian

+1

cleaning the tank 2 times a week you should be okay but as fish die off of old age don't replace them. Let the number drop to about 6 fish and keep that as the stock.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 AM   #17 
NuocCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
75 is a good compromise for the species you have. :) As long as you are keeping up with water changes, I don't foresee huge dramas for you. :) I know a lady who kept white clouds with bettas very well.
Will do with the water changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Yeah I agree with bombalurina, just PLEASE keep up with your water changes, with the amount of fish you have in your tank you should honestly be doing at minimum 2/week of atleast 30%.
I will do my best. I always change it on Sat~Sun for sure. If I am not bombarded with homework or something else, I would do it on Wednesday.
The bucket I have for water changes can only hold about 3~4 gallons anyways, so it shouldn't be bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
+1

cleaning the tank 2 times a week you should be okay but as fish die off of old age don't replace them. Let the number drop to about 6 fish and keep that as the stock.

6 fish total in my tank or just the minnows?

If the minnows were to die off, I probably won't get more unless I upgrade my tank for me to get 10+ later.
If a cory were to die within the year (knock on wood), I will replace it with the one I'm raising in my other tank since I want to keep a min of 6 cories in my tank.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #18 
LadyVictorian

6 fish total, that is how much a tank can comfortably hold of this size. 6 fish and a few shrimp or one snail.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #19 
NuocCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
6 fish total, that is how much a tank can comfortably hold of this size. 6 fish and a few shrimp or one snail.
I will keep that in mind. Thank you.