Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #11 
louisvillelady

We have eggs! Female back in her tank and Dad is vigilant in blowing bubbles and searching for more eggs! :)
louisvillelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #12 
Myates

Woohoo! Congrats!

I haven't been successful with my virgin girls - either will literally try to kill the male, or will drop eggs away from the male.. just placed a new virgin girl in a bowl today with a virgin boy. Hoping to have the same luck as you hehe!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #13 
louisvillelady

This is the first time I've tried two virgins. I am actually surprised that it worked. I thought I'd introduce them, but that it would end with no success. When they seemed interested in each other, I thought "maybe" but they took a bit to figure it out.lol The only advice I can give is make sure the female is very eggy! And I guess just be patient.lol

It is funny watching the Dad now. He even flares at me when I get down and try to look up into the nest. I cut a Mcdonalds Styrofoam cup in half, and he did build his nest in it. And man what a nest.lol It is coming out the end, and almost fills it to the top! The only real way I know he has eggs is because I saw him collecting them and spitting them in the nest.

Good luck with your spawn!! Let us know how it is going! As soon as mine are free swimming I will start a log. I actually have two spawns that happened today! I was thinking if the giants didn't collect, I was going to try to sneak them into the other spawn nest. Luckily, they figured it out and collected them!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Two fish that have never spawned before are hilarious to watch the first time they spawn. Half the time the males either stun themselves or have no idea what to do when the female is floating around stunned. Then after they do some odd half-wrap they eagerly go looking for eggs at the bottom of the tank.

It's good when you have two old hands at spawning and they are like 'Wham, bam, thank you ma'am'.

Congrats on the spawn. Hopefully you have yourself a good first-time dad.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #15 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Congrats. Hope the male cares for them til they hatch.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #16 
louisvillelady

We have Hundreds of fry! Daddy is running himself ragged trying to keep up.lol He is such a wonderful Daddy. Going right now to start the spawn log if anyone wants to follow.

Oh Yeah, Myates, How are your virgins coming along?

Last edited by louisvillelady; 02-07-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #17 
logisticsguy

That is great! Patience is a virtue with these fish.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote