Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #1 
TaylerHill

Question Tank cleaning and water changing questions

I have three bettas, each in their own tank that is about 1.5 gallons. Right now I do a 100% water change per week and I'm planning on working in a 50% water change also. When I do the 100% change I usually cup the fish and scrub the rocks and plants and sides of the tanks then refill it with clean water and put in the betta water conditioner. Is the scrubbing necessary? When I do the 50% change do i just take out half the water and replace it? Do I need to put more of the water conditioner in? I use tap water for my fish and I've never had any problems I just want to be sure I'm doing it right
TaylerHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #2 
shellieca

You ALWAYS need to add water conditioner to any NEW WATER!! I have a 2.5g that when I do a partial water change, I fill up a contaier with new water & add the water conditioner for that volume of water before I add the water to the tank. When I do a 100% I take everything out & I just rinse eveyrthing off before putting it back into the tank, I don't scrub.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote