Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #71 
Blue Fish

You can also use hotglue to seal off the rusting area. Just cover it completely with a layer of hot glue (works the same as aquarium sealant), let it cool and harden, and at least the rusting problem will be solved. The fraying problem, that could be a bit harder. If you have pinking shears (those scissors that cut in a zig-zag pattern) then you could try shearing the edges, that should prevent the majority of the fraying. Pinking shears are used in sewing to prevent fraying, so I would assume it would work on the fabric plants as well.

I hope that helps for anyone who has these plants and really wants to keep them. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #72 
Tabbie82

I saw this thread and had one of those "uh-oh" moments. My Feng has had that green Petsmart plant in his tank for over a year now. After reading this, I pulled the plant out this morning and discovered rust coming out of the base. I then pulled the plant out of the base just to see how bad it was. There was a half inch of rested metal at the bottom of the plant that was inside the base and rust all in the base. This is just ridiculous. I have a combination of live and fake plants in my tanks and this just makes me want to change them all to live.
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #73 
jadaBlu

I am taking a razor knifer cutting out the metal and taking one the Marina grass plants that came in a multi pack that is useless because it's too sharp (it's covered in this progrect) and using it for the stem and aquarumu gluing it together after reassembly. I will post pics soon.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote