Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

I am now wondering whether Malaysian sellers on AB can ship to Thailand so I can get some different species of wilds once I get employed again. Pibk has some really nice splendens complex fish and I think that would be the only way for me to get them into the country.

Sounds like your pair are going to be pretty spoiled. You must be one of the first/the first hobbyist in America to get their hands on them.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #12 
babybetta

0,0 I want one that is beautiful
babybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #13 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I am now wondering whether Malaysian sellers on AB can ship to Thailand so I can get some different species of wilds once I get employed again. Pibk has some really nice splendens complex fish and I think that would be the only way for me to get them into the country.

Sounds like your pair are going to be pretty spoiled. You must be one of the first/the first hobbyist in America to get their hands on them.
Yes, i think im the very first person in the US to get a pair. As of now you will not and cannot find one of this on aquabid and Unless you know people from oversea or have connections you cant find any for sale these are very new and havent been massly breed yet

Last edited by Setsuna; 02-05-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #14 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post

Also pibk does send his bettas to thai to get them to ship out to other countrys.
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

You enabler with your flashy photos and knowledge of who ships where haha. I figure now I am only doing wilds why not just get as many different species as I can.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #16 
LadyVictorian

I wonder, could I have a 10 gallon and divide it and keep a pair of these guys on one side and an imbellis pair on the other side?

Dang you have me going wild betta crazy now with all your fish. I want a pair of EVERYTHING now.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #17 
LittleBettaFish

Only problem I could possibly see is if your females got in together. I'm not sure how close they are in appearance to each other. Other than that I am assuming you could. I have divided my wild betta tanks before.

I forgot to put you may need more than 5 gallons per pair depending on the aggression levels of the individual fish. Some of my wilds are especially nasty.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #18 
LadyVictorian

With divider's I normally try and do two dividers taking up a small square so if someone jumps they end up in a no mans land. My only fear is spawning in the tanks.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #19 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I disagree. I think killing hundreds of fish to see what species they are serves no purpose and is rather horrible. Would they kill a dog or a cat to test their DNA if they had to? No. We do not know much about this species. What if its endangered?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #20 
LadyVictorian

Yeah it sucks many fish had to die in order to get the information but now that we know we can breed them which means even if they are endangered they likely won't be for long so long as people who breed pure strains of wilds are around. All the more reason to get a pair and breed them. If they are endangered then you can breed to bring numbers up and give spawn to others who wish to breed these fish and share genes and keep them alive and well for many more generations to come. I mean they do it with just about every endangered species on earth. Breed them in zoos because wild animals may not always get the wild they were born in. With lands of all sorts being plowed under to support farming industries we are losing many species on this earth.