Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #11 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
i had an AQ background that was in my tank for 4 months. My betta flared at it so uch he split his tail and fins. Be careful, if they show any signs of distress, take it down.
+1
Out of curiosity, I got a Hagen background from Petsmart to try it. it has blue water and rocks on 1side and some greens on the other side. My betta flared non-stop for a while. When I removed it and used the grey IKEA placemat that has silver light grey slate patterns on it as the background, he was fine. I think the lighter ones do not cause anxiety or aggression.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #12 
itsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodMorning View Post
I have a big feeling that it's a reflection somewhere in the background. Darker colors tends to bring out more of a reflection from the glass tank. Try a white background. I tried it with mine not too long ago, and white is the way to go.
ive tried glossy white, flat white, glossy black, flat black, blue, planted tank background, none have worked so far :( maybe it has something to do with the lighting as well i notice he tends to flare more if just the tank light is on at night and the room as totally dark.....
itsuki is offline   Reply With Quote