Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #21 
Tyrannic2Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibifish View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Penn-Plax%C2%A...ords=plen+plex
Just ordered 2 of those tonight. I'm going to go to Walmart and buy some of that black plastic canvas and possibly double up on it after I see it in the tank. Looks like we're planning the same thing - I'm doing it into 3's as well! I'll post an update of the dividers after I get them and let you know how they look/work. Good luck!
ha ha ha yeah you too!! I'm looking forward to see your finish project. I haven't had time to get my supplies yet, with school and work and all that. BUt when I do (which I HOPE is soon) I'll take one too
Tyrannic2Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #22 
TeteRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibifish View Post
Just ordered 2 of those tonight. I'm going to go to Walmart and buy some of that black plastic canvas and possibly double up on it after I see it in the tank. Looks like we're planning the same thing - I'm doing it into 3's as well! I'll post an update of the dividers after I get them and let you know how they look/work. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannic2Do View Post
ha ha ha yeah you too!! I'm looking forward to see your finish project. I haven't had time to get my supplies yet, with school and work and all that. BUt when I do (which I HOPE is soon) I'll take one too
@chibifish and @Tyrannic2Do-LOL, me three . Looks like divided 10s are a popular choice! I have most of my supplies, just waiting for the filters to get here. It'll be great to see how your tanks come out!
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #23 
Tyrannic2Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeteRouge View Post
@chibifish and @Tyrannic2Do-LOL, me three . Looks like divided 10s are a popular choice! I have most of my supplies, just waiting for the filters to get here. It'll be great to see how your tanks come out!
waiting for filters? How many are you planning to put into your tank?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #24 
Krys

I did thirds once.

Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #25 
TeteRouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannic2Do View Post
waiting for filters? How many are you planning to put into your tank?
2 of these (one on each end) if they come-they are backordered. I like Mignons, but any good smallish HOB would do the same.
http://www.azoopalm.com/products/fil...on-filter-150/

and this sponge (number 11) in the middle http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=3954

Looking forward to seeing your build! I have had aquariums for years, but this is my first attempt at dividing :)
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #26 
waterdog

I guess I am lost or just different in my way of thinking. I don't use HOB in a divided tank. I treat each compartment as an individual tank. Each section gets it's own sponge filter. Not only does this make sure each section gets equal filtration, but also prevents flow problems from a HOB. JMO
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #27 
Tyrannic2Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
I did thirds once.

Looks like it was a success!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #28 
Tyrannic2Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeteRouge View Post
2 of these (one on each end) if they come-they are backordered. I like Mignons, but any good smallish HOB would do the same.
http://www.azoopalm.com/products/fil...on-filter-150/

and this sponge (number 11) in the middle http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=3954

Looking forward to seeing your build! I have had aquariums for years, but this is my first attempt at dividing :)
Hrmmm.....that is rather intriguing. I'm looking forward to see how you set it all up before I attempt mine then, lol!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #29 
Tyrannic2Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
I guess I am lost or just different in my way of thinking. I don't use HOB in a divided tank. I treat each compartment as an individual tank. Each section gets it's own sponge filter. Not only does this make sure each section gets equal filtration, but also prevents flow problems from a HOB. JMO
What's a HOB? & JMO?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #30 
Elsewhere

HOB: Hang On Back Filter
JMO: Just My Opinion :D

I wish I had gotten here earlier to suggest Plexiglas! I have two divided 10g tanks, and the Plexiglas works PERFECTLY! My dad drilled about 10 each in the dividers, so the water is perfect and actually drains both sides in a water change :D And if one gets sick we can plug them up and have a QT tank right there. Yours look absolutely brilliant, though! Congrats!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote