Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #1 
BettaGurl79

Exclamation Warning on Blue Ribbon Buddha tank decoration !

Just wanted to give you all a quick heads up. I bought this " aquarium" Decoration about a week ago. After rinsing it off and allowing it to soak in warm water while doing my weekly water change, I placed the Buddha in my tank. After 48 hours I noticed a drastic change in my Betta. He didn't swim-dash to greet me, when I opened his lid. He refused to leave his leafy hammock and his normal activity of swimming around like a mad fish..that wasn't happening either.
Alarm bells began going off in my head so I grabbed my test kit and checked my water params. My PH had skyrocketed. My water already has a high Ph normally sitting at around 7.8 this Ph was nearly off the charts!

I pulled the tank apart and changed more than 75 % of the water at 11:30 at night . While rinsing off all the ornaments. I noted more than a nickle sized area exposed of paint on the brand new buddha! I ran my finger over the area and more paint came off !!

The ornament has stayed out of the tank and the ph has settled back to normal. Beware of this Buddha he may kill your betta !
Attached Images

BettaGurl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #2 
MistersMom

dude. it's like it's posessed! TOSS THAT THING in the trash! you don't need it in your house, or tank... lol Seriously though. weird.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #3 
White Mage

See this is why idols are bad. xD
White Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #4 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
*screams at top of lungs* it's EVILLY POSSESSED!
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote