Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #11 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
If the heater is broken and the temperature can't go above 70, then Rose is freezing.

Did you tell your parents that the heater isn't working? Since they purchased one already, they must know that a heater is a "necessary" item.

Tell them they need to fix the heater or get a new one. Also, recommend that they get a thermometer like this one: floating glass thermometer. They cost $2.99 at Petsmart.
kay kay... But what else do i do? the blackness is spreading...
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #12 
AyalaCookiejar

This is an internal problem. It should be treated with Epsom salt, not AQ salt. Sometimes when their bellies stretch out, they look to be a strange color. This could be an internal bacterial infection, as well, or perhaps the beginning of dropsy. Watch her for raised scales. It doesn't sound like it is internal parasites or constipation.

Internal bacterial infections can be treated with Kanaplex. Otherwise, I would get Epsom salt. There are a few other meds but Kanaplex is best, and IME, none of them are easy to find.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #13 
LittleBlueFishlets

Isn't Dedede in a separate 1 gal tank? Is his heater working? Can you find an opaque plastic cup (like a plastic drinking cup that you can't see through), and float Rose in Dedede's tank? It won't help with any illness that she may have, but at least she'll be warmer.

Definitely show your parents that the light is out on the heater, and ask them if they'll take you to the fish store today to pick up a new one.

On the picture below, the "egg spot" is circled. Is this where Rose has the swelling and discoloration? Or is the affected area closer to her stomach, which is just in front of the egg spot?

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 02-09-2013 at 11:34 AM.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #14 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
This is an internal problem. It should be treated with Epsom salt, not AQ salt. Sometimes when their bellies stretch out, they look to be a strange color. This could be an internal bacterial infection, as well, or perhaps the beginning of dropsy. Watch her for raised scales. It doesn't sound like it is internal parasites or constipation.

Internal bacterial infections can be treated with Kanaplex. Otherwise, I would get Epsom salt. There are a few other meds but Kanaplex is best, and IME, none of them are easy to find.
Okay. I'm just about to go out so I'll keep an eye out for some Kanaplex.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #15 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Isn't Dedede in a separate 1 gal tank? Is his heater working? Can you find an opaque plastic cup (like a plastic drinking cup that you can't see through), and float Rose in Dedede's tank? It won't help with any illness that she may have, but at least she'll be warmer.

Definitely show your parents that the light is out on the heater, and ask them if they'll take you to the fish store today to pick up a new one.

On the picture below, the "egg spot" is circled. Is this where Rose has the swelling and discoloration? Or is the affected area closer to her stomach, which is just in front of the egg spot?

okay. BTW Rose has a egg spot!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #16 
LittleBlueFishlets

LOL, that's good. Females are supposed to have them.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #17 
Little Leaf

Smile Yessssssss!!!

Quote:
LOL, that's good. Females are supposed to have them.
WOOT! I just went to petsmart. a dog jumped on me and i got a snail and a moss ball and a lightbulb for my tank. now my tank will be warm :)

Tags
dsf, sdf, sew, tre, yu4