Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #31 
Saphira101
Member
 
Saphira101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington, United States
1 yr. cat years is like, small kitten.

3 yrs. in human is like 30 in cat.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #32 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
1 yr. cat years is like, small kitten.

3 yrs. in human is like 30 in cat.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #33 
funkman262
Member
 
funkman262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
I beat the crap out of one of my cats and toss her up in the air all the time, but only because she's weird and loves it. I'll do that and walk away, then she'll come running to me crying for more. My other cat on the other hand does not enjoy being roughhoused so he just gets gentle petting.

Honestly, your "friend" doesn't sound like a really good friend, especially since you claim that she lies to you all the time. I would keep better company if I were you. If you tried talking to her and she wasn't interested, there's not much else you can do. Unfortunately, many people own pets that they're not (mentally) equipped to care for, and there's not much you can do unless you can prove that they're being extremely negligent and harmful to the animals.
funkman262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I do not believe any animal enjoys being beat up. That's like someone saying they beat up their wife because she enjoys it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #35 
kandaila
New Member
 
kandaila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I work as a technician at a cat only veterinary practice and its really hard to lump cats into any one category. I've seen some who love being man handled and "beat up" we have one that you can roll on her back, shake her, spin her around, and when you walk away she comes back and rubs your legs. Most cats are weird. I've seen a handful that make angry noises, hisses, growls, and grumbles the whole time you pet them and they're rubbing and being super sweet. I've also seen a cat be really nice then turn and attack her owner with claws and teeth hard enough to send the owner to urgent care.
Deliberately provoking a cat is abuse, rough housing and occasional teasing is not. Try talking to Danielle again Little Leaf. Don't necessarily say she's abusing her cat because she'll get defensive. She just may not understand she's being too rough. Ask her about what her cat likes to do for fun and suggest games that are less likely to be rough. Like laser pointers or pulling a string for kitty to chase.
Roughing up young cats often makes them calmer adults (a lot of times the easiest cats to handle for us are the ones raised with little kids) but deliberately provoking the cat will lead to someone being bit, and trust me cat bites can get nasty fast.
kandaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #36 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandaila View Post
I work as a technician at a cat only veterinary practice and its really hard to lump cats into any one category. I've seen some who love being man handled and "beat up" we have one that you can roll on her back, shake her, spin her around, and when you walk away she comes back and rubs your legs. Most cats are weird. I've seen a handful that make angry noises, hisses, growls, and grumbles the whole time you pet them and they're rubbing and being super sweet. I've also seen a cat be really nice then turn and attack her owner with claws and teeth hard enough to send the owner to urgent care.
Deliberately provoking a cat is abuse, rough housing and occasional teasing is not. Try talking to Danielle again Little Leaf. Don't necessarily say she's abusing her cat because she'll get defensive. She just may not understand she's being too rough. Ask her about what her cat likes to do for fun and suggest games that are less likely to be rough. Like laser pointers or pulling a string for kitty to chase.
Roughing up young cats often makes them calmer adults (a lot of times the easiest cats to handle for us are the ones raised with little kids) but deliberately provoking the cat will lead to someone being bit, and trust me cat bites can get nasty fast.
you didn't see my other post. I said the cat already BIT ME!
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #37 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I do not believe any animal enjoys being beat up. That's like someone saying they beat up their wife because she enjoys it.
I agree! +9999999999999
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #38 
LittleBettaFish
Member
 
LittleBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Well I don't think the poster that said they beat their cat up meant they hold it down and kick it/hit it until the cat is a quivering mess.

I play very roughly with one of my cats and he does enjoy it. He plays equally as rough with the dogs as well so that's just how he is. He also bites me really hard during play and scratches you if you over excite him.

Also, cats aren't always very tolerant of strangers. Just because it bit you doesn't mean it is abused or afraid of people. Our cats all run and hide when guests arrive. They're not really like dogs that will go over to people for a pat. Usually the person cats seek out is the one who either doesn't like them or isn't paying an attention to them.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #39 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Well I don't think the poster that said they beat their cat up meant they hold it down and kick it/hit it until the cat is a quivering mess.

I play very roughly with one of my cats and he does enjoy it. He plays equally as rough with the dogs as well so that's just how he is. He also bites me really hard during play and scratches you if you over excite him.

Also, cats aren't always very tolerant of strangers. Just because it bit you doesn't mean it is abused or afraid of people. Our cats all run and hide when guests arrive. They're not really like dogs that will go over to people for a pat. Usually the person cats seek out is the one who either doesn't like them or isn't paying an attention to them.
I'm only saying it bit me.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #40 
ILLBETHEJUDGE
Member
 
ILLBETHEJUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MIAMI, FL
If feel like a lot of people is picking on the poor girl and only try to find a way to make things worse. This girl is more mature at her age than the people that criticize her.
Littleleaf would it help if i buy you a tank online and send it to your address, so you can properly take care of your fish?
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awesomeness, kitty, no ;-;, sorry 4 random tag, yay

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoying pig... baylee767 Betta Chat 8 04-29-2011 01:46 AM
This. Is. Getting. Annoying. BettasForever Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 5 02-09-2011 07:55 PM
Soo annoying Welsh Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 5 09-17-2010 07:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.