Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #1 
babybetta

making my own tank decorations

Ok I think this is the right forum to post this. Any way I want to try making my own tank decorations since I like bright colors and want a alternative to the cookie cutter decorations that are every where. I want to use polymer clay as I already have some and work with it. I even have an etsy I make charms. I was wondering if anyone here has made any thing for your tanks of polymer clay and whether its safe? Iv been looking around and it seems some people do use it in tanks. so I guess Im asking if anyone here has tryed it if any one has any ideas and I guess if its safe and goes well I might make things for other people idk
babybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #2 
BettaGIRL5

I have used Sculpy clay for my decorations and have had no side affects. Sculpy light clay floats though, so that was a big surprise!! I also like bright colors and made a very bright pink glow-in-the-dark double tailed goldfish :D
BettaGIRL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #3 
MiyuMikaelson

Do you have to do anything to cure it, or make it tank-safe? I would totally LOVE to make some homemade tank items! That would cure my, "I can't find the perfect thing" dilemma's.
;)
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #4 
babybetta

thats what Im thinking. I like what I like and alot of shop stuff is just yuck to me
babybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #5 
BettaGIRL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyuMikaelson View Post
Do you have to do anything to cure it, or make it tank-safe? I would totally LOVE to make some homemade tank items! That would cure my, "I can't find the perfect thing" dilemma's.
;)
I baked it and I am on month 3 and no issues!! :D
BettaGIRL5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoration, ornament, polymer clay