Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #1 
PaulO

Red face Oh misty you silly rat

So a few weeks ago I accidentally left a bag of algae tablets open on the table where my rats free roam. I happened to look over and see my rat sniffing the bag, before I could stop her she reached in and snatched an ALGAE TABLET?!! She then tears off to hide and I of coarse jump to my feet!!!

I find her hiding behind the cage munching away of this dang tablet, so I grab it from her and inspect the damage...These were the hikari waffers with the plecos on them. The tablet was half eaten!!!....I swear my rat was a pleco in a different life,anyway I now know that these tablets are readily recommended and favored by Misty...she hasn't been allowed near the bag since.

P.S. Misty is OK this happened a couple weeks ago and she is still running around being a crazy ratty.

Last edited by PaulO; 02-07-2013 at 06:24 PM.
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #2 
Bombalurina

Rats eat the darndest things. :) I had fake nails on the other day, and one of my rats determinedly pried one off and stole it.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #3 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Oh I am so glad that misty is okay!!!!Tristan one of our cats is a bit of a guts and he had urinary tract infection a while ago and the vet said not to give him dry food/crumbles anymore. Poor Tristan crumples were his favorite, dad has a lot of cat fish and feeds them sinking algae pellets. One day Tristan managed to get a hold of the pellet container ripped the lid off and ate all 500g of them!!! We just caught him swallowing the last one. Luckily he was okay but dad has to make sure the pellets are kept in the cupboard out of Tristans reach now. That cat is such a character, we love him so darn much and I am his favourite
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM   #4 
PaulO

I think its mostly since it's algae, the only thing that I noticed was green excrement and a LOT of it....might have acted like a laxative for my poor girl...:P
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #5 
Bombalurina

Love your signature, by the way, PaulO. It's so true!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #6 
LadyVictorian

xD rats are such stinkers. My girls will take ANYTHING they deem to be food. Filistata even tried to eat gravel once O.o

It's so funny when they get something they know they can't have. They run so fast to hide it and then pretend like it wasn't them.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #7 
Bombalurina

And then they get so determine in refusing to let you take it. "No, it's my snail! You can't have it!"
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #8 
LadyVictorian

xD they are

my rat took a WHOLE box of tissue and ripped the box because she refused to give it up.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

I love giving them a full tissue box as a present. They pull out all the tissues and sleep in the box....then rip it to shreds and urinate in it. :)
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #10 
Viva

I really, really miss my ratties :( I just sold my huge rat cage a few months ago :( I loved that you could pretty much give them anything as a treat. My cat loves the smell of fish food and I let him eat an algae wafer once just to see if he'd do it.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote