Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #11 
brookeandbubba

I can see how u can keep a betta in a vase temporarily . But a goldfish permanently ??? ?. Not cool man. I fell kinda bad for my bettas . They dont have heaters yet... im trying to ge heaters real soon tho :)
brookeandbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #12 
eemmais

What's even worse is she just told me her grandma gave her a thousand dollars for Chinese New Year and she's not willing to spend even $100 dollars to get the fish a proper home.
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #13 
Hadoken Kitty

That's ridiculous. >:(
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #14 
eemmais

I know...! It's almost impossible to get anyone to think of fish as real, living things.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #15 
brookeandbubba

ATHOUSAND??? if i ever get dat tipe of money id go on a petsmart shoping spree, including buying the stuf for my fish AND buying 2 new fish ,, i mean dang thats a lot of money ,, man your freind is selfish to not think about their pet
Old 02-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #16 
eemmais

I mean really, like she can't use a little bit of that money to buy an acceptable home for a pet that's life is in her hands :/ if I had that much money, you wouldn't want to see how many new fish/fish tanks I would buy!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #17 
brookeandbubba

yea ,, just like me ,, that person is quite rude
Old 02-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #18 
Elsewhere

Oi... Seems like quite the epidemic on your hands... She needs to move that fish ASAP, or be doing a lot of water changes until she can get it a bigger home. I got my Goldfish today, and he's in a 5g- for now. Soon he'll be in a 30g, which is STILL too small for him if he wants some friends :/ Goldfish seem to be much harder to keep than most people expect! My friend wants to keep 3 Comet Goldfish in a 5g- permanently! I told her she was nuts and she ignored me... Gonna go talk to her mum so she can talk some sense into her... Good luck with your friend!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #19 
eemmais

I told her she needs to move it...but she insists that it's fine in its vase. I even sent her a nice email offering to give her my extra ten gallon (yes, even that's too small but it was much better than its vase). She says she does daily water changes but that doesn't mean it's growth won't be stunted. It really bugs me too because I have a 30 gallon Rubbermaid bin that I have never used soap on and if she gave me the fish, I could keep it in that until I could buy a real tank. Btw, I saw your post and your goldfish is gorgeous! I too have always kinda wanted one..good luck with yours!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #20 
Bombalurina

I have repeatedly told my friend that her 2.5 gallon tank is too small for her 3 comets, yet she buys more every time one dies. I think she cares, but not enough to let it override her desire for more pets. I bought her a filter, which she turns on once a week or so. I bought her water conditioner, which she uses when she remembers. She only feeds the fish when it occurs to her to do so. It frustrates the heck out of me. :( Her poor fish.

I feel for you, and that girl's fish!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote