Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #11 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
There's dozens of active forum members that frequently order fish from the Thai breeders. I'm sure they can give you more insight on their acclimation techniques.
  • Luckily for you, bettas are extremely tough fish, just don't stress it out any further with any medication/water changes, loud thumping music, bright lights, flash photography, etc...
I would have tested the original water more with the liquid test kit to check the levels before dumping it down the drain or watering your houseplants.
  • Offer your new prettyboy 1 pellet to see if they eat. If they accept the food, you should be able to go to bed in peace that he'll be alive in the morning.
He ate like a champ. He was so hungry. I wish I could get my pet store betta to eat like him. I really don't like any bright lights anyways, especially not with the migraine I'm having. I feel so bad for being such a terrible better owner. Ugh. Of all the things I was prepped for, acclimation was the one thing I didn't think to check to be different...

As far as the water goes, when I was transferring him from the bag to the cup, the bag bent in a weird way and I ended up spilling about of of it. I was only left with enough for him to swim in circles with.

Still. He was doing the not moving/breathing thing when he was in his original water, so I'm sure my mistake just made things worse. :(

I have Oak trees all around my house. Just....I know the neighbors have a rep for spraying their yards with heavy pesticides...and it's really cold around here right now, so our trees are pretty bare at the moment. So I can't exactly go and run outside and grab an oak leaf, because the leaves are bare.

Will he be okay in the methylene blue? He ate and was swimming around when I fed him.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #12 
Hadoken Kitty

Just for tonight, I mean. Until I can go out and get some IAL tomorrow. I have a migraine and took some migraine medicine about an hour ago, so I can't really drive on this medicine...thus I can't go and get the IAL from Walmart...and the pet stores are closed as well.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #13 
callistra

You can't get IAL at walmart :)

I definitely would not use oak leaves unless you were SURE there was nothing sprayed in the whole neighborhood. Not worth the risk.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #14 
Hadoken Kitty

Oh...wow I really suck. Where do I get IAL then...?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #15 
callistra

Well, you'll have to call local fish stores to see if they carry it. If they don't, you'll have to order it online. But I don't know of any chain store that does.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #16 
Hadoken Kitty

What does IAL stand for? I'm googling different entries, looking for it. All I can find are different forums discussing it, and no one selling it. >.<
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

nevermind. figured it out.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #18 
Hadoken Kitty

Would you suggest this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-Catappa-I...item3f21ff531f
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #19 
callistra

I was thinking more actual dried leaves.. I wouldn't buy that unless they can tell you *exactly* what they did to make the extract and *exactly* everything that went in it. I know the straight up leaves are ok.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #20 
Hadoken Kitty

So something more like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amys-100-Gr-...item587c747d8d

I'll look around the forums on how to use the leaves.