Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #1 
xShainax

PETA is evil

PETA ticks me off so much. Some PETA nut called my friend a murdering explicative for buying a betta with a 10 gallon tank kit for her 6 year old non-verbal autistic son since she knows fish can help autistic children. They certainly help me with my autism.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

I really support PETA and the great work that they do, please don't judge all PETA followers by the comments of this one person. I wholeheartedly support PETA but I have do disagree with the un-called for comments made by that individual, I think getting the betta is a great idea and the fact that they bought a 10 gallon tank kit is definitely something to be praised, sounds like the betta is getting a great home to me
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

I would say before you support an organization like that read up on what they stand for. As an animal lover I am very much against PETA.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #4 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I would say before you support an organization like that read up on what they stand for. As an animal lover I am very much against PETA.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
One of their guys recently caught heck over euthanizing a perfectly adoptable family of cats.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #5 
LadyVictorian

As someone who worked at a real shelter and who has worked with real organizations out there to save animals PETA makes me angry. I am just happy more people see the truth of these soulless monsters each day.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #6 
xShainax

I know someone who gave PETA their animal to adopt out, then found out they killed him
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #7 
veggiegirl

The sad reality is that while irresponsible pet owners continue to refuse to desex their animals and let them wander and breed at will then euthanasia of perfectly healthy animals will continue to happen because the sad reality is that not all of them are going to find homes no matter how adorable or adoptable they are.

So called no kill shelters are not always a more humane option, large dogs have been kept in crates without being let out for 12 years and have developed such horrible psychological problems that they are deemed not suitable to re-home.

I wish to make one thing quite clear however, just because I support PETA in general does not necessarily mean that I agree with every single thing that they do. However on a whole they save the lives of a lot of animals and work to stop cruel practices which is definitely something I support.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #8 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
The sad reality is that while irresponsible pet owners continue to refuse to desex their animals and let them wander and breed at will then euthanasia of perfectly healthy animals will continue to happen because the sad reality is that not all of them are going to find homes no matter how adorable or adoptable they are.

So called no kill shelters are not always a more humane option, large dogs have been kept in crates without being let out for 12 years and have developed such horrible psychological problems that they are deemed not suitable to re-home.

I wish to make one thing quite clear however, just because I support PETA in general does not necessarily mean that I agree with every single thing that they do. However on a whole they save the lives of a lot of animals and work to stop cruel practices which is definitely something I support.
You might support PETA, but PETA doesn't support you. Just sayin.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #9 
LadyVictorian

It's actually proven PETA causes more harm than good. I'll continue to put my support towards the ASPCA TRUE animal hero's not liers and murders like PETA. The ASPCA saves more animals than PETA could ever dream of since PETA really never has real rescues only little video's they put together that are more than not doctored.

Also I work at a no kill shelter and we adopt all our dogs out just fine because of the system we have created. We have never had dogs at a shelter for more than 3 months, average is 5 days. PETA just doesn't try because their mission is to eradicate domestic animals. Sad but true.

Plus looking at what PETA adopts out...7 animals in ONE year....that's not HELPING anything. My shelter adopts out over 2,000 animals a year.

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 02-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #10 
veggiegirl

Well I don't know what the SPCA is like where you are but they are hopeless here, they hardly ever bother to investigate complaints and they only keep cats for a max of 24 hours before euthanasia, dogs they keep up to three days. Some animals are put down on the spot. A kitten was found lost, it had run away from the owners house, the SPCA put it down immediately because they believed it had ring worm, did they bother to get the vet to look at it...... no. The kitten had simply had an allergic reaction to a flea shampoo that the owners had been using when the kitten escaped. Later that day the owners asked the SPCA had they seen or heard anything about their kitten. They came back and gave them the dead cat. The owners were horrified.

Our neighbor worked for them at the time and quit because of the terrible things that were happening that he did not agree with. I believe that the SPCA does a wonderful job in some areas but in our local area they are not all cracked up what they are supposed to be.