Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #21 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
I simply refuse to to support any organization or group that kills more than it saves. Even if they didn't have those statistics, I feel they spend too much on their public appearance and not enough on the animals. That's my opinion at least.

Any donation toward ASPCA or a local rescue no matter how small can make a difference for some animal somewhere whether its a meal or even a warm place to sleep.
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #22 
xShainax

I am not arguing with you any more, there is no reason to
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #23 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronue View Post
I simply refuse to to support any organization or group that kills more than it saves. Even if they didn't have those statistics, I feel they spend too much on their public appearance and not enough on the animals. That's my opinion at least.

Any donation toward ASPCA or a local rescue no matter how small can make a difference for some animal somewhere whether its a meal or even a warm place to sleep.
+1

My mother knew one of the uppers of PETA HE IS A JERK, he wanted my mother to KILL OUR PET DOG because she was a doberman pincher. Not because she was mean but BECAUSE OF HER BREED. They support BSL laws as well which will ban over 100 dog breeds if passed. PETTA is all talk and no action, all protest lots of blood, and in the end the animals pay. They are no good and they brainwash so many people it's truly sad. So many people who have no idea what they are supporting. They think they are supporting animal rights, in reality PETA stands for destroying all domestic animals. The presidant herself has said this.

Also I find it funny you are upset about your ASPCA putting animals to sleep when PETA puts more healthy animals to sleep and hardly adopts out any. One year they only adopted out 7 animals. The ASPCA is looking like saints compared to that. PETA puts down over 1,000 at one facility every year. They adopt out an average of 10. PETA's shelter is not set up for caring for animals. Have you seen them? It's disgusting, it's death row.

Let's hear what the leaders of PETA have to say about pets of any kind. 'weeding out these weak pathetic creatures?" this doesn't sound like a nation of animal lovers, more like Hitler and his Third Rich.

http://purebredcatbreedrescue.org/animal_rights.htm

http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/24/do...s-in-its-care/

Also PETA kills the animals they get within 24 hours of having them walk in through the front door....so really...no too helpful. This artical is very enlightening.

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 02-09-2013 at 02:19 AM.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
Most of the people I personally know that have a problem with PETA usually only have a negative view of them because PETA protests about the slaughter of animals for human consumption and those people are meat eaters and therefore that is why they have a problem with them.......as a vegan I have been criticized my whole life for believing that an animals life could possibly be equal in value to that of a humans and can't help but feel that some peoples negative opinions of PETA are similar to those that I have endured.........
I just thought I would put in that I am vegetarian, not vegan, but I have NEVER liked PETA. I stopped eating meat because I watched a documentary on slaughterhouses, and as much as I wish I did, I can't stand the taste of fish..
I'm sure not everyone associated with PETA is a jerk but when they have people going around throwing "blood" on people for eating meat, or wearing fur. Being a jerk like that won't get people to see your side or their side. It will only make the whole of the group look like a huge group inconsiderate jerks. If they were truly set in their cause then they would find better ways to prove it.
Way before our "concrete jungles" people hunted, ate meat, and wore the furs... it's...what is it called...oh yeah, SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. Just because we have thumbs doesn't mean we aren't animals....

I don't hate those who eat meat. So what. Its a personal choice. Not everyone likes to eat rabbit food all day.. :)
319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #25 
Phaydra

If PETA wants to be taken seriously they need to learn to control their fanatics. There may be decent people in PETA but the world will never know as the idiots in the front with the paint buckets won't shut up.

If I want to get persecuted for my views on certain things I will travel back in time to The Inquisition. That summons up how I feel about PETA.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #26 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaydra View Post
If PETA wants to be taken seriously they need to learn to control their fanatics. There may be decent people in PETA but the world will never know as the idiots in the front with the paint buckets won't shut up.

If I want to get persecuted for my views on certain things I will travel back in time to The Inquisition. That summons up how I feel about PETA.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #27 
Luimeril

and their games, aimed to children, make ME sick. i played their Mario spoof and their Pokemon spoof. both were disgusting, and i refused to let my 9 year old niece LOOK at them. i played their Cooking Mama spoof too, and that one was just horrid. :I

there are easier ways to get people to see their views, rather than the things they do. ruining fur and leather coats, sending mostly nude ladies out to protest things.... 8I nah.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #28 
trilobite

PETA is just an embarrasment to the human race. They have a pokemon spoof? Haha where can I find it
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #29 
Laki

Can we stop arguing over the organization!? There are many other threads which have gotten out of hand because of something as powerful as the word "peta". There are two members in this thread from Australia where the organization seems to be better than SPCA. This is called worldview. A certain set of rules, ideologies and customs which are totally different than in USA and even Canada, where I am from. So I vote the members in this thread just agree to disagree on this matter. Nobody is proving anything by arguing.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #30 
LittleBettaFish

PETA is still extreme over here. It's just not as publicised as it is in America.

A lot of breeders of animals are very wary of PETA and with good reason.

They sucker a lot of people in by misrepresenting their true intentions and purpose.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote