Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #11 
Saphira101

I suppose what I meant is that I see a bunch of people complaining about how terrible the pet stores are, but they still buy from them. What I meant to say is that I think we should choose between boycotting completely, or still buying from these places but not complaining even if there are sick/dying fish. (basically not being hypocrites)
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #12 
stuntman2946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
I suppose what I meant is that I see a bunch of people complaining about how terrible the pet stores are, but they still buy from them. What I meant to say is that I think we should choose between boycotting completely, or still buying from these places but not complaining even if there are sick/dying fish. (basically not being hypocrites)

i agree with that completly, the only problem being that sometimes people go in to look around or buy supplies and just get instantly attatched to a fish thus leading to them buying it and addign to the store proffits.
stuntman2946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #13 
Nicci Lu

I think the problem for a lot of us is that our only option is a pet chain store because of where we live and whether or not we can buy online. So, it's either that, or nothing.

Additionally, it seems to depend upon the store itself and its management/employees. For instance, our Petsmart takes good care of its bettas and has an employee there who knows how to take care of them. Our Petco just makes me want to cry when I've gone in. I refuse to purchase anything from our Petco. But I'm sure there is someone who will tell you that their Petco does a good job with their bettas and vice versa with Petsmart.

I do think that if the option exists, then one should not patronize a store that treats its animals as lifeless objects.
Nicci Lu is offline   Reply With Quote