Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #1 
Madi92

Tanks

Hey can anybody let me know what a good tank would be I know the sizes but what brand of tank works bests, also if you could please be specific about what tank it is and where you got it from,

P.s. I think I'm starting off with a smaller tank because this will be my first fish experience. So if the tank you suggest comes in a smaller size please let me know. Thanks
Madi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #2 
tekkguy

Tank all depends on budget! Don't make the mistake of going for a small tank just based on price. This tank is 5 gallons with a light and filter and shipping is free.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarius-Aq150...ywords=5gallon

That's a better deal than you'll get on any small 2gallon, and 5 is much easier to maintain. A 10gallon is even easier to maintain, and you can get a full setup at Walmart for less than 50 bucks. People new to the hobby might think it's weird, but the larger the tank, the easier it is to have healthy fish and stable water. Tiny tanks take lots of work!
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I have this tank and love it ! It is my first tank too and Perseus seems to really love his home also. Tekkguy is right I agree ! I did a fish in cycle with this tank with alot of help from people here and so happy I did. Now its just one 50 percent water change a week.

http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-Ecl...ywords=5gallon
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #4 
shellieca

All 3 of my 10g tanks & my 5.5g are Top Fins which I bought on sale at Petsmart. I bought the kits that come with a filter, light hood & heater (no heater for the 5.5g). For me this was great because when I priced everything out individually it was much more expensive. I will say, go as big as you can because you will mostly likely want to upgrade . . . soon! I also have 46g bow front w/ stand that I bought on sale at Petsmart but had to purchase the heater & filter separately.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #5 
Madi92

Thanks everyone I learned a lot from all your information. What do you guys think about this tank as a beginner tank.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #6 
Madi92

Here's another picture of the tank.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #7 
Elsewhere

Hi there! At Wal-Mart and even PetSmart, I think you can get a better deal than that for a tank. A 3.5g is a decent size, but you can get something bigger for almost the exact same price, maybe 10 bucks more.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Its a nice tank but I would spend the ten extra dollars on the tank I posted and its free shipping if you are going to order from Amazon. Remember the smaller the tank the harder it is to cycle. Good luck with what you decide on !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #9 
Madi92

Thanks again everyone I defiantly have some decisions to make.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #10 
tekkguy

The 5 gallon I posted at Amazon is a good tank, and is exactly 50 cents more than the 3.5 you found at Petsmart! Petsmart will also charge you shipping. Make sure you like the tank you get for sure, but remember - bigger is easier! If you have the space, I promise you won't regret it.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote