Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #31 
Saphira101

I agree with Sena.

Sorry about the rant, I guess my parents are pretty understanding, so I get really ticked off when somebody else's parent's don't understand, and others are angry at them for a situation they can't control.

Last edited by Saphira101; 02-10-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #32 
Sena Hansler

Well they are a male and female betta... Dangerous at the best of times.

OP: the divider I mentioned you can either buy one (if they let you) or at the pet/fish store get a tube of "Aquarium Silicone". At Walmart or most other stores that carry craft supplies there's this plastic mesh... Cross stitching supplies is where it should be located (thin yarn, small needles, fabric backs etc). Cut to size, dry out tank, silicone in, wait 24-48 hours before adding water. Pretty easy :3 just to keep in mind

Sorry, guess my 1/10 was being hopeful xD I didn't have help as a kid. So I was that "one". Eventually I took charge (12 years old) but for my own good.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think we need to quit arguing and get back on track and help Little Leaf with her problem.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #34 
Azurelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Well they are a male and female betta... Dangerous at the best of times.

OP: the divider I mentioned you can either buy one (if they let you) or at the pet/fish store get a tube of "Aquarium Silicone". At Walmart or most other stores that carry craft supplies there's this plastic mesh... Cross stitching supplies is where it should be located (thin yarn, small needles, fabric backs etc). Cut to size, dry out tank, silicone in, wait 24-48 hours before adding water. Pretty easy :3 just to keep in mind

Sorry, guess my 1/10 was being hopeful xD I didn't have help as a kid. So I was that "one". Eventually I took charge (12 years old) but for my own good.
When we were kids, I think parents as a whole were a bit more sensible :\ Good for you on taking charge, I did much the same, though I can't say so for my siblings. It's this generation I was really giving that 9/10 for, a lot of people my age who are becoming parents/have been parents are just awful, feeding their kids McD's every night, giving them stuff to shut them up so they don't have to bother with them, etc. My parents spoiled the bajeezus out of me until I was about 12 and something just 'clicked' that I shouldn't act the way I was acting xD

Anywho, sticking to the topic! A male and a female is definitely a volatile combination, though I've heard some rare stories of them coexisting peacefully (mind you, that's VERY rare).

The craft sounds simple enough, just make sure you keep the water level in the tank low enough so that the male can't jump into the female's side (they've been known to do that, I had a male jump out of a small 1-inch opening I had in the lid of my tank overnight and he died v.v). Or make the divider nice and tall so that you can still keep the water full without worrying about the male jumping.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

We have to remember that Little Leaf has no control over her parents. She's just a kid and she has to obey her parents and if she can't do stuff because her parents say no then she has to abide by that.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #36 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
okay. I'll make the divider when I find out what to do with my other fishes (never had a chance to do anything because i had to go to a funeral and church and family shopping cause my dad came along and i hate being alone at home)
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #37 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Instead of euthanizing, you could just give them to a local pet store for free. Not sure if I believe your story, although it really doesn't matter.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #38 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Instead of euthanizing, you could just give them to a local pet store for free. Not sure if I believe your story, although it really doesn't matter.
my parents dont let me do that.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #39 
Aluka

Bring them to school, see if any of your classmate wants it.

If not offer it to your science teachers. I'm sure they will use it for some natural cycle project or something. alot of my grade school teachers did.

(fish poops, fertilizes the soil, feeds the plants, plants produce oxygen)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #40 
Saphira101

Everything's going to be OK Little leaf, we've got your back. ;)

I'll cross my fingers that your parents will let you get stuff to make the divider.
Closed Thread

Tags
;-;, drama, extreme situation, overstocked tank