Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #131 
Myates

Sam, these babies won't be ready for another 2 months or so.. they are just going to hit 6 weeks on Monday (25th), and should be at least 12+ weeks before being sold.. I'm not power growing so I probably won't be getting them out until 14 weeks at the minimum. Unless they have a growth spurt lol.

No colors to their fins yet, but their bodies are pale and iridescent/cellophane. So looking at having pale skin tones with cellophane, and some with white dragon scales. Unsure about the fin colors at this time though. There are some with white-ish fins in there so we'll see!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #132 
Alcemistnv

Myatess has a spaawwwnnn c:

I'm literally going through all the spawn logs trying to find out where to get sorority girls from xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #133 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'd like one with white dragon scales!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #134 
Alcemistnv

IF I get one, I'd prefer one that looks like Daddy C:
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #135 
Myates

lol :) I will keep you all updated with photos.. don't forget Alcemistnv, check in with me on FB too. Just realized we aren't "friends", and I don't post a ton on BL.. this way if you decide you do want one down the road from any of my spawns you can see them there and get a hold of me easier there :)

Going to release one of the EE pairs today.. hoping for a spawn. Next is a show line spawn in a couple weeks :)

And I'll look for some and send you pics DQ of course :)
Old 03-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #136 
bettasareawesome

So about how many are there? I want one! Need money, space, tank, oh.

EDIT: I forgot to say, good luck!
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #137 
SamJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Sam, these babies won't be ready for another 2 months or so.. they are just going to hit 6 weeks on Monday (25th), and should be at least 12+ weeks before being sold.. I'm not power growing so I probably won't be getting them out until 14 weeks at the minimum. Unless they have a growth spurt lol.

No colors to their fins yet, but their bodies are pale and iridescent/cellophane. So looking at having pale skin tones with cellophane, and some with white dragon scales. Unsure about the fin colors at this time though. There are some with white-ish fins in there so we'll see!
It'll take me a bit to get another tank set up too. xD

They sound like they'll be so gorgeous. =3
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #138 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
lol :) I will keep you all updated with photos.. don't forget Alcemistnv, check in with me on FB too. Just realized we aren't "friends", and I don't post a ton on BL.. this way if you decide you do want one down the road from any of my spawns you can see them there and get a hold of me easier there :)

Going to release one of the EE pairs today.. hoping for a spawn. Next is a show line spawn in a couple weeks :)

And I'll look for some and send you pics DQ of course :)

Sounds good! :)

I'll let you know once I return and see what I'm doing with the girls c:
Do you know when the fish will be ready approximately?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #139 
Myates

Thanks.. I culled about a 100 so far, which leaves me roughly 450 - will be culling again tonight.

They are 6 weeks today, once there are fewer their growth will increase. They won't be ready for another 6-8 weeks. I can hold some as well if need be. I'll have the forum and my FB friends first dibs before I list any on AB/Ebay and the wholeseller will get whatever I don't sell. I'll make sure to take pictures of them all - I'm going to try to keep at least a 100 at the end.

Have 2 EE pairs in spawn tanks currently - one pair are HMPK EEs, the other long finned HM EEs.. will try to get both to spawn (both pairs virgins, and it's snowing here so it is iffy if they will breed).. then will be a show line of AOC cambodians that I will be working on for a few generations.. male is show, female is the mother of these spawns.. then will breed in a couple females to remove any red they have, etc. The father is the male in my avatar.. he ate his fins during shipment, and he isn't showing his best in the picture, but you can get the idea.. the AOC is "any other color" cambodian - light bodies with multi colored fins. :) So if there isn't something in this spawn anyone is interested in, I will have other options coming up :)
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #140 
Alcemistnv

nice :)

I just need to see how things go for now. I'm hoping that both of my girls are alive when I return, and I told my mom that I was buying the bookshelf. If I do, I will be putting 5 girls in there, so if all goes well, I'll be looking for 3 girls. So depending on looks and colors, I can get anywhere from 1 to 3 girls from you xD