Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #51 
Myates

lol me too :) I'm surprised to see you and DQ here, I figured you would be tired of my fish ramblings on FB by now :P

Well, I'm starting to cut back on micro worms now (which reminds me I need to make up a few more batches of banana and walter worms.. my micros are exploding in population and the others are having a hard time keeping up, so I end up feeding more micros than I want), and I will up the BBS some.. up the water changes a bit.. going to try to get some size on them. Some are right on par with the average, but there are a few tiny ones still in there. With so many babies it's nerve wracking making sure everything is just right. Don't want to over do feedings.. yet don't want them to starve, etc.

So.. all I can do is just keep chugging along with what I have been doing, as it seems to be working out great so far :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #52 
GhostFeather

How long are they in the tub(bowl)before you release them into the tank?
GhostFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #53 
Myates

I waited until they were free swimming - so 3-5 days. Can wait longer.. makes clean up a bit easier while they are in the tub, as well as feeding. So any time after they have been free swimming for a day or two.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #54 
Myates

This was taken a couple days ago - 21 days old. Doesn't show just how many there are, but if I shook the plants you would see at least a 25% increase lol..

Still haven't found a dead body, so any that have died have been few enough that the bodies are eaten easily/quickly. The amount still looks to be the same as day one. Will count once I start moving them to the 30g grow outs.

I have found that the cultures of food tend to stick on the green "decoration" a good amount which makes it easier on the fry to grab without rooting on the floor as much. Will be getting more of those!
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #55 
Hadoken Kitty

I found you on facebook! I recognize that green thing! Lol. What is it exactly?
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #56 
Myates

Just a decoration I found at Petco.. was going to place it (and some clear colored plastic hamster tubes) in the grow outs to give them places to hide/play in. But decided to throw this one in the fry tank to give them another object to hide around.

I thought I recognized you in a post or two on FB.. but wasn't sure.. LSB?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #57 
logisticsguy

That looks terrific Myates. Very nice work and impressive amount of fry!
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #58 
Myates

Thank you!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #59 
alunjai

That's really cool!! There's so many of them. Will take you a while to name them all :P The 2 smaller ones that I have are similar colour and in size to yours. But my larger ones are quite dark... much browny grey colour... Is that normal as they get bigger?
alunjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #60 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Just a decoration I found at Petco.. was going to place it (and some clear colored plastic hamster tubes) in the grow outs to give them places to hide/play in. But decided to throw this one in the fry tank to give them another object to hide around.

I thought I recognized you in a post or two on FB.. but wasn't sure.. LSB?
Yes, LSB! Haha. How much was it? I was thinking of just leaving a log in mine, lol.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote