Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #1 
Kirrikat14

Unhappy Help for my homeless bettas

Hi everyone,
I tried posting this in betta classifieds but would not allow it since I don't have over 100 posts. So, I am trying here and hoping you all with spread the word.

I have fallen on the worst of times, job loss, etc. and must move into a shelter that will not allow my bettas. If there is anyone who would be willing to take one or both of them, I would deliver within a reasonable distance of a few hours drive. I live in Gulfport, MS. Will deliver to New Orleans, Mobile, Jackson, Birmingham, Montgomery, or meet you halfway from further out.

Needing homes are:
1. Sky, a veil-tail male, silver/white body, dark blue/red fins, seems like a young fish, quite a feisty guy. Looks to be in fine health.
2. Redfish, male veil-tail, very curious and friendly. I found Redfish in horrid conditions and treated him for a very mild case of fin rot with salt baths. This seems to have worked with new growth that looks healthy.

They each will come to you in a 1-gallon bowl with their favorite gravel/rocks/decor.

If you are interested, please contact ASAP as I only have a few more weeks before I must move. I do NOT want to drop these guys off at a "pet store". I want serious homes for them where they will be cared for and adored! it kills me - kills me to have to do this.
Kirrikat14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #2 
registereduser

Have you put them on craigslist? Ask at least $10 for each fish with accessories. If you call some local shelters they may take them or possibly know an organization that will.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MS31.html

If you call a local fish store like this one:

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Gulfpor...0009134911.htm

they might know how you can contact a local aquarium club. You could call the club and ask if someone with betta experience will take your bettas.

I'm sorry for your troubles, things will get better! Hang in there!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #3 
Kirrikat14

Thanks for replying

I got a local pet shop to agree to take them just about an hour ago. I got upset when I got there over parting with the fish and came home with them. I guess the problem is not finding someone to take them, but with ME being able to let them go Who'da thought a person could get so attached? Didn't think it would be that difficult.
Kirrikat14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #4 
registereduser

This is a longshot, but if you can find a local or state aquarium club maybe someone will FOSTER them for you. Then when you get back on your feet you can have them back. Maybe get visiting hours.

How about 4-H? A vet's office?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote