Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #1 
Bombalurina

Positive evolution of my pet shop

In general, I like my local petshop. It's a big chain store, but it is generally pretty good despite that. The staff are usually not that well-informed and do allow people to make bad purchases, but I don't generally ask for help anyway and do try to talk to people about what they are buying when I can (once had to prevent a man cramming an angelfish, a single silver dollar and a male betta into a tank together).

Recently, I've noticed a big improvement in the things they sell for bettas. They've always kept bettas either in the 40 litre-ish community tanks or in the 1/2 litre filtered betta display case, which is way better than many shops.
Lately they've moved their awful tiny betta tanks down to the lower shelves where people don't look and put their really nice, wonderful tanks on eye-level. These tanks include a two-way divided 20 litre with a mini-sump, and a 3-way divided 32 litre with mini-sump, which is where you can put the heater. Sure, they still stock the tiny ones, but these gorgeous tanks are hard to by-pass, and surely potential owners will be questioning if a tiny tank is good enough when these beauties are on display. :)

Sadly, I can't yet say the same about their website. :(
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #2 
waterdog

Baby steps to change take awhile but are usually easier to accept!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote